lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2021, 10:43 AM   #11
Eric H.
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club Car BigBattery 48v BDGR 96 ah install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
Yes, lots of great/knowledgeable people here willing to help us folks that don't know what we are doing. Site is run by volunteers and what I try to do is every time it helps me figure out stuff on my own (saving me big bucks), I donate to the site. Click the "donate" button above, money goes to keeping site going (not someones pocket). Glad you got it figured out!
It is a great resource. I've found the solution to my brake problem too through this site and was able to purchase the fix here from a vendor.
Eric H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2022, 07:37 AM   #12
cowboy_hamilton1
Not Yet Wild

I know this thread is a few months old but I have a question for the OP. I installed the bdgr 96ah kit in my DS series Cart i’m just wondering about how many miles are you averaging at full charge and at what voltage should I recharge the batteries I know the BMS is supposed to cut out at 36 V but will the cart still even run at that low of a voltage. My cart has all stock electronics. I know that your cart Is different just wondering what you are experiencing or if anyone else has the same batteries can give some insight. Thanks
cowboy_hamilton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 10:52 AM   #13
Eric H.
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_hamilton1 View Post
I know this thread is a few months old but I have a question for the OP. I installed the bdgr 96ah kit in my DS series Cart i’m just wondering about how many miles are you averaging at full charge and at what voltage should I recharge the batteries I know the BMS is supposed to cut out at 36 V but will the cart still even run at that low of a voltage. My cart has all stock electronics. I know that your cart Is different just wondering what you are experiencing or if anyone else has the same batteries can give some insight. Thanks
As I stated earlier, I started at 91% and drove 9 miles in approximately 30 minutes so averaging around 18 mph give or take as this was far from a scientific test. I could have kept going but the neighbors were thinking I was crazy on my half mile loop and I needed a cocktail. At 48% charge I was at 46.30 volts. That trip used about 43% of the capacity so if I started with a full charge I could have come close to doubling the trip. I don't remember what the voltage was but one night last Thanksgiving we were driving around the campground all weekend and using the lights at night. It got down to 27% but didn't feel like it was lacking power at that point.
Old 03-04-2022, 08:19 AM   #14
cowboy_hamilton1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info that helps me out a little bit. I initially charge the batteries to full when I first installed them but I have been redoing the cart installed my radio back and several other things using battery power all along the way they were at 47.48 V I took it for a ride yesterday and drove 7.3 miles at full speed which for my cart is only 15 mph when I got back home I was it 46.1 volts. I believe these batteries will work out well for me I just want to be able to be at the campground and pretty much last all day compared to lead acid.
cowboy_hamilton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 10:40 AM   #15
Eric H.
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_hamilton1 View Post
Thanks for the info that helps me out a little bit. I initially charge the batteries to full when I first installed them but I have been redoing the cart installed my radio back and several other things using battery power all along the way they were at 47.48 V I took it for a ride yesterday and drove 7.3 miles at full speed which for my cart is only 15 mph when I got back home I was it 46.1 volts. I believe these batteries will work out well for me I just want to be able to be at the campground and pretty much last all day compared to lead acid.
I built a solar roof for mine out of 4 Renogy 100w solar panels wired in series for 48v charger. It's only good for about 8a in the summer and 4a in the winter but it will extend drive times.
Old 06-19-2022, 06:27 PM   #16
Erzenny
Not Yet Wild

I recently purchased the BDGR 48v 96ah batteries for my 2015 precedent i2 excel. I was thinking these were a bit more plug and play and didn't think through the logistics of charger/charging port, 48v to 12v conversion, etc.. silly me. I have a few questions that hopefully others may be able to answer...

1) I spoke to BigBattery.com and they advise that the included charger is not dust or moisture rated and can't be installed onboard. Any concerns from the board if I were to do the same as the original poster and install mine onboard? I've also considered investing in a Summit II which is much more expensive.

2) Is a voltage reducer required? I think I'll want one someday but for now to keep costs down, I'm assuming the lights, horn, and blinkers on my cart are 48v compatible as I don't see a voltage reducer and they're wired into the first battery positive and last battery negative. Am I possibly missing something?

3) Any recommendations on battery monitors to install as part of this solution? I see the one that the original poster used and will research further on this board as well but would welcome opinions.

Thanks,

Ed
Erzenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 10:06 AM   #17
Eric H.
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzenny View Post
I recently purchased the BDGR 48v 96ah batteries for my 2015 precedent i2 excel. I was thinking these were a bit more plug and play and didn't think through the logistics of charger/charging port, 48v to 12v conversion, etc.. silly me. I have a few questions that hopefully others may be able to answer...

1) I spoke to BigBattery.com and they advise that the included charger is not dust or moisture rated and can't be installed onboard. Any concerns from the board if I were to do the same as the original poster and install mine onboard? I've also considered investing in a Summit II which is much more expensive.

2) Is a voltage reducer required? I think I'll want one someday but for now to keep costs down, I'm assuming the lights, horn, and blinkers on my cart are 48v compatible as I don't see a voltage reducer and they're wired into the first battery positive and last battery negative. Am I possibly missing something?

3) Any recommendations on battery monitors to install as part of this solution? I see the one that the original poster used and will research further on this board as well but would welcome opinions.

Thanks,

Ed
My battery compartment gets a little dusty running around unpaved roads but nothing a little compressed air or my leaf blower won't clean up. I don't plan on driving around in the rain or through puddles so I'm not worried about water either.

Unless there are LED lights that will work on a wide range of voltages, you need a 48v to 12v converter for 12v accessories.

There are lots of battery monitors that don't cost as much as Victron but I like their products and have Victron Solar chargers on the cart and our toyhauler.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!