lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2022, 11:26 AM   #1
jbbowl
Not Yet Wild

Default 90 Ezgo with 295 Robin no crank

I have a 1990 EzGo with a 295 Robins in it. Recently the starter, pulse coil and two micros for Forward/Reverse was replaced. Gentleman was driving said cart and it just died and hasnt started since. After installing said parts I noticed with a test light that the ground side on the battery lights up when I touch it. What could cause this? And where do I even begin to get this cart to actually crank over?
jbbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2022, 11:35 AM   #2
gotti
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 90 Ezgo with 295 Robin no crank

I would start by checking all your wires to make sure that they have a good connection. Also verify that your fuses are good.
gotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:27 PM   #3
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbowl View Post
I have a 1990 EzGo with a 295 Robins in it. Recently the starter, pulse coil and two micros for Forward/Reverse was replaced. Gentleman was driving said cart and it just died and hasnt started since. After installing said parts I noticed with a test light that the ground side on the battery lights up when I touch it. What could cause this? And where do I even begin to get this cart to actually crank over?
Is your battery in the correct way ?
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 06:06 AM   #4
jbbowl
Not Yet Wild

Replaced most of the wiring as it was old and covered in dirt, grease, oil and whatever else was on them. The engine still wont crank when i depress the pedal and the micro is good. Fuses are good as well (replaced too) Still no crank at all.
Old 06-03-2022, 06:12 AM   #5
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

You did not answer Trigs question regarding the battery being correctly fitted! Answer that and we can go forward with this.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 06:15 AM   #6
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbowl View Post
I noticed with a test light that the ground side on the battery lights up when I touch it. What could cause this?
Please also explain how you have connected the test light to get this result. What type of test light are you using.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 10:48 AM   #7
jbbowl
Not Yet Wild

Battery was in how it was supposed to be. and Test light was ran off the negative on the battery. It turned out to be another person crossed the wires on the micro switch which was causing issues. Its resolved now. Thanks.
Old 06-09-2022, 05:32 AM   #8
jbbowl
Not Yet Wild

mine had the same issue we replaced everything but what it turned out to be was thst two wirers on the solenoid got crossed so we had to redo them and we also replaced the little black box that is behind the fan just in case now mine runs like a champ
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO