lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2022, 05:56 AM   #1
Bubba42993
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation 2000 EZGO TXT busing replacement

im using my golf cart as an offroad/ road use buggy and when going off road it creeks and sounds like its about to fall apart. while on the road, the steering is sloppy and if i get to fast the steering is almost too hard to control. what do i do to fix this issue and where can i find the parts needed to make it better? Also i want to upgrade the lift kit that is on there to a long travel but cant afford the jakes. is there a cheaper but still reliable replacement i can put on for a hunting buggy/ road use? 2000 EZGO TXT 36volt
Bubba42993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2022, 01:24 PM   #2
Bubba42993
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2000 EZGO TXT busing replacement

I see i couldnt get a reply from anyone. so im refreshing this. can anyone give me any advice for my issue?
Old 05-27-2022, 01:51 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Which steering type do you have? Look at steering column and count the bolts at the floor. 3 is old style and 4 is new
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 02:40 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

What size and type of tires do you have? What is the air pressure?
Does the cart have a lift kit installed? If yes what kind ...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 04:27 PM   #5
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Concerning the steering, check kink pins, tie rod ends and the intermediate shaft for ANY slop or play. I’m sure you’ll find something.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 06:28 PM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I have a 2000 txt. Mine is the 3-bolt steering so I can only assume his 2000 is the same.

Now, I have a life kit on mine, but you may still want to check the tie rod ends for slop. Also, check the tightness of the tie rod bushings where the tapered part of the tie rod end is bolted to the Spindle arm. There should be ZERO play where this is bolted (and kept there with a cotter pin) to the arm. Also, ZERO play where the tie rod end is connected to the steering box.

Have someone turn the steering wheel left and right while you are looking under the steering to determine if you have any play, and where the play is located.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 05:47 AM   #7
Bubba42993
Not Yet Wild

I apologize for not replying sooner. personal issues have kept me away. there is a lift kit already installed. it is not the long travel like id want. it seems all the bushings and rubber gromets have dry rotted and are all shot. seems like it needs a complete front end rebuild. it is a 3 bolt steering as well.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO