lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
Cart Sports
Getting Wild

Default 2011 Precedent Charging Issues

I have a 2011 Precedent that doesn't seem to take a full charge on its own. The OBC states it is going into dvdt mode. I can unplug/replug and it will continue to charge. Batteries fully watered. All read 8.20ish off charge, 8.35ish on charge. They are falling to 46.5v after one round.

Any help is appreciated.
Cart Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2011 Precedent Charging Issues

Go here and check out the chart
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-readings.html

Tell us what the charger is doing, does it stay on for a full cycle? You have three possibilities, bad bats, obc problem or charger problem.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #3
Cart Sports
Getting Wild

The charger will run for 4-5 hours and kick off. I can replug it and it will charge some more. I checked the grey wire on the obc and it was good. I have tried on a few chargers, so I think that is ruled out. Per the chart, it seems the batteries aren't hitting to full potential?
Old 12-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #4
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

No they are only getting to about 60% or so. Nearing the end of the charging cycle my pack is at about 68 volts with charger plugged in and running.

If you have tried ither chargers you have it narrowed down to the obc or the bats. Perhaps you should get a battery tester and check them out. Maybe an obc reset.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #5
Cart Sports
Getting Wild

I'll try the obc reset. Thanks for the help.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #6
Cart Sports
Getting Wild

Can you explain the dvdt charge mode? What is it trying to accomplish?
Old 12-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #7
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Alsi for now I would replug it in everytime it gies off til batteries get fully charged, I would not run my cart at 60%.

One more thing, how are the water levels on the bats? A friend i mine was having the same issues and his plates were showing, after filling with water bats returned to normal.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #8
Cart Sports
Getting Wild

Batteries are full. After replugging, it's better, but there is obviously an issue. Can anyone explain dvdt charging and why the cart is hitting that mode instead of full charge?
Old 12-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #9
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Guys View Post
Batteries are full. After replugging, it's better, but there is obviously an issue. Can anyone explain dvdt charging and why the cart is hitting that mode instead of full charge?
. . . this ought to clear it up for ya . . . .

US BATTERY CHARGING RECOMMENDATIONS . . . . <<<click me
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #10
Cart Sports
Getting Wild

I appreciate the replies. I've run 4 cycles today. I've never seen over 54.5v on the pack. I'm assuming the batteries are weak. No?

If I've read correctly, the dvdt charge is a maintenance/equalization charge, which means the charger/computer is trying to fix a bad battery, but since they are all equal and low, it's futile? I'm trying to get a clear picture of the situation and I'm still not real confident. For what it's worth, the batteries seem to be producing a lot of hear during the charge process. Thanks again for the help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car