lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
KevK
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2011 Club Car Battery Issues

I work as a Manager of outside operations at a club in upstate Ny. We just bought new golf carts last year. Precedent models. I have been observing carts being charged all night and barely making 18 holes the next day. We make sure the water is caught up bi-monthly and the dealer just checked a dozen batteries and said they were all good. After the dealer left i personaly played a round with the cart and it started dying on 18. Any ideas or personal experiance with this will be appreciated.
\ Thank You kev.k
KevK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
sms-shop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2011 Club Car Battery Issues

What kind of battery's are they...? What is the ah of the battery..?

And by the way welcome to BGW and hello from NC...
sms-shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #3
KevK
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you and hello from Albany, Ny. The battery set up is six 8-volt PowerDrives. I dont know what AH is so i cant answer that one. I have been tracking this problem for a month now going over our electrical set up and making sure the carts are always watered. Im thinking either Computer Problems or there is some sort of power drain happening.
KevK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:30 AM   #4
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Thank you and hello from Albany, Ny. The battery set up is six 8-volt PowerDrives. I dont know what AH is so i cant answer that one. I have been tracking this problem for a month now going over our electrical set up and making sure the carts are always watered. Im thinking either Computer Problems or there is some sort of power drain happening.
I was talking to the cart boy at our club the other day and they have battery problems too although the carts are closer to 4 years old, some with newer bats though because they replace when left with no other choice. I think its a combination of maintenance and excessive use. I doubt any golf course cart will have the same success as a privately owned cart that gets less usage and better maintenance.

Also if those carts are seeing multiple rounds between charges that could be draining them too low.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

What kind of water are you using to water them with?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, battery light, charger, dying
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car