lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2017, 08:40 PM   #11
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 Club Car DS OBC/Charging Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealy99 View Post
Model on the charger is JAC1548H. 48V 15 Amp. The charger that came with the cart (that I'm discarding) was a 48V 6 Amp. It sounds like the batteries were bone dry. I knew four gallons was a lot for six batteries, but didn't realize they were quite THAT low. The side of the course that I've run the cart on is 4 miles round trip. I'm surprised that I'm able to get that far on a third of a charge, assuming the battery meter is remotely accurate. I don't see a date code on the batteries such as E6 or G5, but after wiping the grease of the top of them, half of them have a sticker that says 2/12 and the other half 1/12. Safe to assume these batteries are actually 5 1/2years old?
Wow, that is possible. If it is I say you are doing well to get 4 miles out of it.

Keep charging and driving it, what do you have to lose, you already planned on new batteries anyway.

Welcome to BGW, you have come to the right place for help. Especially with spending money on your cart for upgrades, we all seem to be learning how to do that very well.

Aflyer

Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2017, 08:45 PM   #12
crash test dummy

yea .............
sealy99 ... Welcome to BGW

reread my post ... i was editing it
Old 07-09-2017, 08:50 PM   #13
sealy99
Not Yet Wild

Good call. I'll check that out. If they do, and I'm having an issue with the OBC, can I still bypass the OBC with that charger?
sealy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:08 PM   #14
crash test dummy

yes !!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car