lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2015, 04:23 PM   #21
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent 2011 battery issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dburley View Post
So if the code on my batteries is D7 they're 2007 batteries? That makes them original batteries. That means the seller lie to me. Imagine that. Told me they were replaced in 2011.

Sent from my tractor seat.
The 2012 cart I just got has origional batteries in it from the golf corse, he told me they were a year old and they are just about dead.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2015, 09:19 AM   #22
Dburley
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I called 3 golf cart suppliers for prices on my 07 Precedent. Here's their prices for 4, 12 volt batteries.
1. $210 ea. out the door, Trojan
2. $212 ea. installed out the door. Trojan
3. $209 ea. plus tax. US Batteries.
The closest "dealer", he runs one of the largest Club Car rental fleets in northern Michigan said you have to be careful what battery you use in the Precent. Certain models require certain types of 12 volt batteries. I didn't understand everything he was telling me as I was at work and couldn't concentrate on the conversation. I'll learn more when I go to pickup the batteries in the spring.

Dburley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:01 AM   #23
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

DBurly - if your cart is newer than 2008.5 - I sure wouldn't buy 12 volt ones again - they're just a bad choice all-way-round. Better to buy 6 x 8v. If older than 2008.5, its a bit more work to change (see here) - but still really worth it, though.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 12:03 PM   #24
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dburley View Post
I called 3 golf cart suppliers for prices on my 07 Precedent. Here's their prices for 4, 12 volt batteries.
1. $210 ea. out the door, Trojan
2. $212 ea. installed out the door. Trojan
3. $209 ea. plus tax. US Batteries.
The closest "dealer", he runs one of the largest Club Car rental fleets in northern Michigan said you have to be careful what battery you use in the Precent. Certain models require certain types of 12 volt batteries. I didn't understand everything he was telling me as I was at work and couldn't concentrate on the conversation. I'll learn more when I go to pickup the batteries in the spring.

I bought my 12volt Trojans for $175 each. Google in or near your area for a battery shop like Everything Batteries or Anything Batteries, something like that. Prior to that SAMs Club carried 12 volts for $200 but not Trojans. Anything Batteries did increase the price to $185 each, of course with your cores, Anything Batteries in Jupiter Florida for Florida residents, 561.746.6551

Also a little note... I replaced my 6 year old 12 volt Trojans not because I had to, I just did a complete overhaul on my cart, New PQ Motor, (30+ mph,) New Trojan Batteries, New HD Solenoid, New 350 amp Curtis Controller, New MCOR, (because I had to,) New Brake Light Switch, (because I had to,) New Speakers, and New Tires, DOT approved and also because I had to.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car