lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default 1995 EZGO Economy Lift Kit

Looking to do only a 2" mid-rise lift on my EZGO platformed Western Elegante golf cart. I have seen the 4" Economy kit, which appears to be perfect for me if it was a 2". From my 'quick looks' the 2" mid rise includes shocks and springs, which I have already replaced in the last year or so. Advice, suggestions, etc.
rbuggies48IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
branson
Not here yet

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1995 EZGO Economy Lift Kit

all you need to do for 2" is mount the axles under the springs. you may need to add spacers for the shocks and steering knuckle
branson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If this is a 95 it will have the old style front suspension where the axle sits on top of the springs. You can move them to the top but then the tie rods hit the springs. Few years ago I bought a 3 inch drop axle lift made by All Sports (ASM-E3E).from one of the sponsors but don't think they are with us anymore. Jakes makes a 3 inch spindle lift as well but I personally don't like spindle lifts.. My two cents
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #4
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

branson & kgsc,

Thanks for the help! Much appreciated!!
Old 11-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

OK, this is the way I think I will do this project, but will wait for additional comments, thoughts & suggestions.

Rear axle.

Leaf Spring Lift Kit, which is basically going with longer shackle plates at the rear of the Leaf Spring. ( about $ 30)

Front axle.

Add fabricated spacer at the front of the Leaf Spring which attaches to the underside of the axle or use heavy 2 inch steel box channel like a Billet with longer bolts.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #6
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

OK, more fine tuning on my Western (EZGO frame) lift project.

I want to go to slightly larger tires, i.e.; from 205/50-10 to 205/65-10 in order to gain a little speed, give up very little torque, and utilize my existing wheels. I gain about 2.7 inches in tire diameter. From all the comments I have found and received, I need more expertise on the following:

1. Shackle Lift: Thinking I need 4 inch lift in order to net 2 inches on rear. Will stock shocks handle this OK? I understand I will get a 'forward' move of the tire in the rear wheel well. I can calculate an approximate, but would like to know what experience has seen.
2. Front lift: Still looking at fabricating a spacer, but has anyone seen a source for just this part of the lift kit?

Thanks
Old 12-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #7
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have the same 95 EZGO cart. I wanted a small lift to clear 20 inch tires. First I put heavy duty springs all around. Old cart needed springs anyway. That lifted the rear 1.5 inches. I then got 2 each 3.5inX1.5inX2in solid aluminum blocks from Speedymetals.com. I drilled mounting holes in the blocks to match the front spring mounting plates and placed the 1.5in blocks between the frame and rear end of the spring with longer bolts. Besides the cost of the HD springs it was only $31.00. Clears 20-10-10 tires, solid as a rock, and works great.

Dave
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:26 PM   #8
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Dave

Did rear springs a while ago. The rest looks Looks good to me

Thanks, Richard
Old 01-04-2015, 01:44 PM   #9
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Another topic - Has anyone retrofitted my type cart with independent front end suspension without a 'lift'. I am interested in improving the ride for on-road and golf course - no off-roading.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO