lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2017, 11:13 AM   #1
Scott1088
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Upgrade motor or change gear ratio?

I have a ‘96 Club Car DS lifted with 22” tires. The motor is a GE with a good blend of speed and torque. Max RPM is 4150. I’ve upgraded the MC to an Alltrax and have HD F/R and solenoid and 2 ga wires. My question is, to increase my speed from the 22mph I’m currently getting to the 25-30 mph that I’m looking for, what is the best route to take? I live in Fl so no major hills but we have some gradual ones in our neighborhood so I don’t want to lose a ton of torque. I’m looking at either a plum quick Bandit upgrade or changing from a 12:1 to an 8:1 gear ratio. I was originally looking at the Rattlesnake II motor, but Hurricane Irma changed the budget.

Thanks all.
Scott1088 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car