lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #1
dannyhendrix
Not Yet Wild

Default 36 volt club car ds stopped running

hello all, my 36 volt club car not sure model, just stopped runnig as i was going down the rd. it was as if it had gone in reverse, it has the v glide with what a electronic module under neath the rear cowling, with a single selonoid behind the passenger seat,,, what do i need to lok for . thanks this is my first post. danny
dannyhendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 36 volt club car ds stopped running

welcome to BGW.......always start with basics.....batteries and cables.......what year is it? you,ll need a digital voltage meter......take the seat off get it out of your way check each battery for voltage write #,s down then grab and tug, twist cables make certain they are tight.......battery cables, cables going to motor , cables at the F&R switch.......look at all the wires make sure none are broke or burnt and connections are good........check water in batteries ( distilled water only ) if needed to 1/8 inch above lead plates, charge batteries if needed and clean cable connections if needed........is the soleniod clicking? also load test the batteries make sure they all hold it only takes one to drop under load to stop the cart.........this is where to start and its important to have a charged battery pack and to know if the soleniod is clicking............when you say it felt like going into reverse before it quit? can you explain a bit better......that bothers me cause i have seen them right before the controler went out they would do that..................post your voltage #,s if your not sure and remember the more info about what went on the better...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car