lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2010, 04:43 PM   #1
jspag
Not Yet Wild

Default 2005 precedent club car

I just put 4 new 12 volt batteries in my 2005 precedent club car. For some reason they will not charge. I have checked the charger, it is fine, also the batteries are fine. I was told there is a computer that i might have to reset? is this true? If so I need to know how I do this. I bought this from an auction and no kind of instruction book came with it. All I did was take the old ones out (which had not problem charging) and put the new ones in. I hope I did not do any damage. Please if someone out there knows what the problem might be and how to fix it please let me know. thank you. [/B]
jspag is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2010, 05:44 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2005 precedent club car

I can see at least 2 possible problems, assuming you are using correct 12 volt batterys?
#1-you didnt turn your run-tow switch to "TOW" before removing batterys causing possible controller damage? I wish you good luck.
#2-you replaced batterys or battery cables incorrectly ( we have all done it ) and again possibly done controller or electronics damage IF your UNLUCKY? PLEASE BE LUCKY.
#1- it may already too late if its the cause electronics damage?
#2- check cables and batterys for proper installation. Look at STICKIES for post listed as "Club Car 36 v/48 v Battery Wiring" and compare with your placement.
NOTE BE SURE TO TURN SWITCH TO TOW THIS TIME
GOOD LUCK and get yourself a owners manual or better yet if you want to do your own repairs get a parts-service manual for your model cart.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:13 AM   #3
2frank
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2005 precedent club car

Hope you don't have problems like OMech was talking about. Yes on getting the manuals. Check out e-bay, where I got mine, for less that $25 bucks not paper back, but you can download and make you own paper back copies if you want....Frank
2frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car