lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2009, 09:45 AM   #1
scruffy
Not Yet Wild

Default newbie needs help

I have acquired a 75 caroche that i installed new batteries and she ran great for an old cart. The other day I jumped in it and nothing. I did replace the master solinoid and did the tests as stated here on the forum and everything checks out.Now I am suspecting my problem lies in the microswitchs at the pedalbox.I reached up in there to check for a loose or missing wire and motor fired up so I am guessing that is where it might be.? how do you get to it and what do I have to remove or could there be something else I'm overlooking .Thanks Rick
scruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2009, 10:04 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: newbie needs help

Sounds like you are on it right there? Nobody remembers how the old Karaoke carts work but if it is anything like the later models there are 2 small bolts which hold it to the frame..One bolt goes clear thru all the switches....put the rear on blocks to work on that stuff so she don't run off on ya unexpectedly!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
scruffy
Not Yet Wild

Is there a way to get to them other then from underneith the cart. I was able to disconnect the pedalbox linkage thru the cup holders and I can see em but holy smokes how do you get to em.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:06 PM   #4
scruffy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks ScottyB Got her up on stands I looked her over real well and dug out my drill and bit and drilled out the rivets on the dash panel and wa-la,access! The switchs come out as you stated tied together with 2 thru bolts. 2 of the switchs were collapsed.I removed the 1st switch inline which was shot and touched the 2 leads together and instant on. So I found my problemNow ? where can I order 4 of these switches? They are 3 terminal and all that I can see marked on them is TVPE V Patterson Thanks again Rick
Old 08-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #5
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

welcome to BGW scruffy
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:46 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Any golf cart shop will have them. Just bring one with you.... they are cheap you might want 5 new? Can you post a pick of where they are located?
Old 08-08-2009, 06:25 PM   #7
scruffy
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: newbie needs help

here some photos I just took .The 1st one was thru the cup holder!No way! 2nd one was after i removed the dash The switchs are located on the rail right above the pedal box and connected by linkage which I removed. the last one you can see noticably the condition of the switches.hopefully this will give someone with a caroche alittle help and thanks again gang for the insight, without this forum this caroche would be on it's way to salvage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart 011 (338 x 253).jpg (16.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 014 (338 x 253).jpg (24.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 013 (338 x 253).jpg (22.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 015 (338 x 253).jpg (14.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 08-09-2009, 09:21 AM   #8
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Good Job , nice to see fresh faces :)
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:32 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Good Pics Can you post one more pic that shows where that cup holder is located? In the DS Carts that microswitch cluster was located in a box under the driver's seat? Thanks for giving back ..... that is what makes this forum better each day
Old 08-09-2009, 12:03 PM   #10
scruffy
Not Yet Wild

The passenger side cup holder is the culprit inspection hole only.Again I drilled out the 10 aluminum pop rivets and removed the dash,3 minute job and I had total access to anything one wants to do or add. I could have left the winsheild frame attached had I known that earlier. The other photo is my VW Club Car Caroche In all her glory.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart 1 001 (338 x 253).jpg (23.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 1 003 (338 x 253).jpg (25.0 KB, 9 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car