lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2018, 04:08 PM   #1
Atrivett
Not Yet Wild

Default Turn signals

I’m sure there are plenty of threads on here about turn signals. I bought a basic light kit and a universal turn signal switch for my club car ds 2002 year. The lights work great but the turn signals don’t work. I’ve tried everything I know to get them to work. They are led lights and I’ve tried a led flasher and a regular flasher. Nothing works. Is it possible that this light kit won’t take a turn signal kit? You really can’t screw up the wiring. Four different colors going to each running light and a power and ground. The light kit is a madjax basic kit. Any help you have will be greatly appreciated.
Atrivett is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2018, 07:47 AM   #2
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Turn signals

Just a quick check. When you say "ground" you aren't trying to attach the negative to the chassis are you?
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 08:03 AM   #3
Atrivett
Not Yet Wild

No, nothing is grounded to the chassis. I have a grounding block.
Atrivett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:26 AM   #4
RockportFish
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I just went thru this in June, as I bought a 2003 DS 48V and wanted to make it street legal. Bare with me as I was a novice at this when I did it (and still am). I gutted all the factory lights and harness, and installed all new Madjax for it.

Here is what I bought to make it all work. I bought the LED light kit (which came with a harness) and the Upgrade Kit (blinker switch, horn, brake pad) thinking that was all I needed, BUT, I needed the upgrade Harness to get the two to work. So, the original harness that came with the basic light kit got pulled out (went in the trash), and the newer upgrade harness went in in it's place.

As well I bought a 12V reducer to go with it. Hope this helps.

List of what I bought:
Madjax LED Light Kit - Fits Club Car DS 02-033
Madjax Ultimate Upgrade for Basic Light Kits (Includes Turn Signal Switch, Brake Pad, & Horn) 02-006
Madjax Harness for ultimate upgrade 02-018
Reliance Power Converter 30 Amp, 36 or 48 Volt to 12 Volt 13-030
RockportFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car