lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2018, 11:52 AM   #1
Nlb7928
Not Yet Wild

Default Speed is relative to engine tempature??

I just finished some recent maintenance addressing other issues. Now I've got a puzzling one. I installed a new throttle cable and it was running perfectly. I let it sit for a few days.

Then, when I jumped back on it, it was running very slow...just ground speed. The engine RPM sounded just slightly down. So I fiddled with the throttle cable position in the black box under the seat. And then I fiddled with the governor on the rear transaxle.

After about 20 one hundred foot trips it finally felt like the correct ground speed, even though the engine seems like it's a little low on RPM.

Next day, I go out, and it's slow as molasses again. I just drive it. Well, after about 1/3 mile the speed starts coming up to normal. So, on the return trip the speed was normal but the engine still seems like its running slow and getting hot.

I'm clueless. I'd appreciate any direction you have to offer.

1997 Club Car, Kawasaki engine

Nathan
Nlb7928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2018, 04:38 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Speed is relative to engine tempature??

That's interesting once you let it sit for a day jack it up and run it wide open and watch the clutches see if the belt is riding to the top of the primary clutch and sinking o the bottom of the secondary clutch in a smooth fashion
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 06:17 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Check the throttle linkage too. Something could be working loose.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 08:34 AM   #4
Nlb7928
Not Yet Wild

I got it jacked up and ran it.

It definitely started out very slow. However I was wrong in my initial observation. With the seat off, I could hear that after the engine warmed up it was running more rpm, the engine itself. That is with the throttle in the same position, wide open.

Ground speed estimation is 3 to 5 when cold, then 9 to 11 when it gets normal.

The belt seems normal, as far as it ran further out when the engine gained rpm.

Could my lame attempt at setting valve lash messed up cold engine operation?

Nathan
Old 05-19-2018, 09:20 AM   #5
Nlb7928
Not Yet Wild

So I put the throttle/governor pivot pin in the transaxle at zero and adjusted the throttle cable so my ground speed is at 11mph.

Now, I'll wait for it to get cooled completely and see how it goes.

When I had been monkeying with the pivot pin, I was not able to find a nice position. It seemed at 0 it was too slow and at 3 degrees it was too fast. But I've seen some that say you just leave it loose and others say you adjust the pin... So I'm confused and ignorant! Obviously.

Nathan
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car