lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2017, 01:26 PM   #1
PTL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Electrical components of club car prescedent

I was given a 2012-2015 club car prescedent that was driven into a pond and it was under water to the top of the seat. The cart is in good shape, 6 inch lift and tires, good plastics, but the electrical is fried.
Can anyone tell me all the electrical components that would have to be replaced? I appreciate it
PTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2017, 02:32 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Electrical components of club car prescedent

I don't know of a cut and dry list. Drying it out fast may make a lot of stuff like run/tow switch, Directional switch and the like work just fine. The OBC looks sealed and the same is true for the MCOR, but time will tell.

I just upgraded my 2014 Precedent. I have the OEM controller and solenoid. The controller is programmed for speed code 4 (19.6 mph) Shoot me a PM if you are interested in this pr.

What charger did you get with it?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:25 PM   #3
PTL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

the cart was layed up for about a year after it was sunk, the previous owner had taken the batteries out of it and I don't have a charger. I'm am just starting to make a list to see what price it would cost to get it running again
PTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:27 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I would pull, clean, and test the motor. That's a starting point depending upon what you want in the end.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:21 PM   #5
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Depending on exactly which year it is, it may not have an OBC. 2014-2015 would not. You posted 2012-2015. I would think the controller would be the most vulnerable to the water. Like Scotty said the motor would be easy to test.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:35 AM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Typically the motor is fine if you take it apart, dry it out, and clean it. The controller is definitely going to need to be replaced. Often, the solenoid, OBC, Tow/Run Switch, and Key Switch will be fine. I would suggest replacing the MCOR. They are a "sealed" unit, but when completely submerged, they often prove not to be quite as "sealed" as they're supposed to be. If the cart was submerged in salt water, replace the main vehicle wire harness. If it was fresh water, inspect it and see what it looks like. It may or may not be ok. Very good chance that it will be fine.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:26 PM   #7
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Check the rear axle for water incursion as well.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car