lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2015, 05:34 PM   #1
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Couple of Questions

I see and read people talking about getting their clutch machined. What does that do?

Also, I was browsing carts plus today and ran across the high speed gears. Are they worth it? Do you really gain that much speed? Do you loose torque? Right now my bone stock 95 DS maxes out at 16 MPH. They only thing I've done is zip tie the spring.

When I lift it 6" and go bigger tires...what kind of speed will I gain? I assume I'll go with the biggest tires that will fit
ReelTight is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2015, 12:29 AM   #2
Sjf323
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Couple of Questions

I have a 2010 club car with a 6" lift and 23" tires at 4000 RPMs I hit 23mph on the gps. That was with 3 people and I have a heavy *** stereo system in it.

You can use this as a go by.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/speed-calculator.php
Sjf323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 06:13 PM   #3
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

don't know what RMS I'm running. I've got the zip tie set as tight as I can get it without hitting the revlimiter. What are those usually set at at the factory. And I honestly have not looked at my cart enough to know what engine is in it. Like I said, it's a bone stock 95 so I'm sure someone here from the brain trust could probably tell me. I'm not home or I'd go look.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:48 PM   #4
Lightninlarry
Gone Wild
Club Car

Most likely a 290...high speed gears will make a huge difference but depends on terrain. Will be hard to push those gears on hills with that 290. Machined clutches will make a huge difference also...better take off and low end and also give you some top end as well.
Lightninlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 07:32 AM   #5
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightninlarry View Post
Most likely a 290...high speed gears will make a huge difference but depends on terrain. Will be hard to push those gears on hills with that 290. Machined clutches will make a huge difference also...better take off and low end and also give you some top end as well.
So would the high speed gears work with a machined clutch? Or do I just need to go machined clutch and worry about the gears later?
Old 12-08-2015, 09:30 AM   #6
Lightninlarry
Gone Wild
Club Car

street cart? Start with clutches and see how you like it. Lift and bigger tires will get your speed up. You can always add gears later. Just my 3 cents.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:49 AM   #7
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes...it's mainly a street cart. Climb some hills but nothing to serious. Thanks for the advise.

So do I need to buy a new clutch or just remove my stock clutch and sent it off? I need to switch the spring at the same time correct?
Old 12-08-2015, 11:45 AM   #8
Lightninlarry
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelTight View Post
Yes...it's mainly a street cart. Climb some hills but nothing to serious. Thanks for the advise.

So do I need to buy a new clutch or just remove my stock clutch and sent it off? I need to switch the spring at the same time correct?
Give CCP a call and tell them what your going to do with your cart. They will most likely have you box them up and ship to them. Not sure about you needing new clutch without seeing wear but Tom at CCP will take care of you.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:24 PM   #9
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Giving him a call when I get home next week.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:25 PM   #10
Lightninlarry
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelTight View Post
Giving him a call when I get home next week.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car