lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
Lifted
Gone Wild

Default My club car project!

Here is my 1988 club car (I know I said it was a 1999, but turns out the serial number makes it a 198. First off, I'd like to say, this may be a VERY slow process. The parts I'm looking at, I cant afford to be buying one per week....probably only one per month, if I'm lucky! So anyways, onto the good stuff!

This is the club car I posted about earlier in the week. I've been driving it around, I love it. Runs great, now to just spice it up a little bit. However, Ive been riding them for quite a few years, but just got into the mechanics of them, so I'll be asking ALOT of silly questions. Hopefully I can get help and make this one hell of a cart!

I have quite a few ideas for it. Lift, new tires/wheels, remove "backseat", put a utility bed on it and possibly new seats. I have a few more ideas pertaining the electrical work, which I need to learn before I do it. So, here we go.

I did search/read before asking these questions with poor to no results. So please bare with me.

I've read some stuff on the amp controller, mainly 400 or 500. What does that do exactly? I've seen what they look like, but thats it. It looks like it just plugs in somewhere. Is this true or is there more to it?

I enjoy lifted carts, true, but dont jump on my case when I ask this question. Is the installation process for a lift kit fairly easy? I have never done it before and would like to install one on my cart, eventually. Ive seen what the lift kit includes, which doesnt seem like theres much to it. Just asking, be gentle!

Last question...for now. When I've been looking at all the different stuff I would like to upgrade, I was blown away! This stuff is NOT cheap! Are most cart related stuff (lift kits, utility beds, etc) in the $300-$400 range? Also, for parts/accessories, what places do you recommend?

Thanks to anyone who actually reads it all. Like I said, I'm new to the mechanics of golf carts, so I'm eager to learn!

-Lifted
Lifted is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides