lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2008, 04:48 PM   #1
Questionair
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Hunting mods

Im building a hunting cart from a 2004 cart i have been reading a lot and from what i can understand the basics would be a lift, wheels, tires. and maybe a new emp 2 speed motor. Can i still convert to 48 volts? I just joined a new hunting club and they do not allow 4 wheelers so i had to trade it in on a cart. Will just new batteries and the stock motor be enough? im going to be doing a lot of hills and mud was thinking about going to 22 inch tires. Im kinda lost. Thanks.
Questionair is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
Questionair
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Hunting mods

Also i have yet to take delivery of the cart. i have my pick from a local golf course a friend of mine has the lease of the carts and they are coming up for renewal told me i could have my pick for their cost 1750. what should i look for when i go to pick it out? how do i tell which is the best? its about 30 carts i have to pick from.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:52 PM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Welcome to BGW!

Consider this....a 48 volt conversion will get you a 20-25% increase in power. Think about that the next time you drive your cart.....20-25% more. IMO 48 volts alone will be great...a 2 speed even better.

Yes, you can still get an EMP 2 speed and run 48 volts

Try and get one with the newest batteries, tight steering, good brakes....just like you would buy a car. Maybe your freind can spot you a good one.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:02 PM   #4
Questionair
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

so what kind of cart will it be i know its a 2004 is that all txt? thanks im really new to this stuff only driven a golf cart like 5 times.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:09 PM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

All TXT's are stock 36 volt. Coarse carts run in the mid teens so don't expect a whole lot stock. Look at everything you can....like I said its almost like buying a car. If they are 2004 TXT's the batteries are probly not to far from being replaced. If kept well maintained you can get 5 years or so out of a set of golf cart batteries. I didn't think about this....if your gonna upgrade to 48 volts you need new batteries anyways so an old set doesn't really fit in the scheme of things. Just look them over real good, drive them, make sure they steer right...just like buying a car.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:01 PM   #6
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum Questionair..................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:44 PM   #7
Questionair
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks. are all 2004 carts the same? i mean are they all txt?
Old 07-03-2008, 11:24 PM   #8
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Find the best of the litter. $1750 and needing new batteries is not that great of a deal. If they installed new batteries thats a good price. Check out local battery prices and then determine value.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:58 AM   #9
Questionair
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I dont know but i would guess out of 30 carts that one of them would have already had the batteries replaced so i could just take those and put them in the best cart.

Tags
hunting
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO