lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
AugustaResident
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Precedent motor stuck

Trying to remove the motor on this Precedent and this is my first CC motor removal. The EZGO's have been, well quite EZ going off and on. On this IQ motor, 4 bolts out and the motor will move about 1/16 rotating and out. Thats it...no more. don't want to pry against the dif. casing.

Suggestions?
AugustaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2009, 08:45 PM   #2
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent motor stuck

Are you trying to preserve the motor? My spline was rusted up pretty good, took about 4hrs of wiggling, tapping, and a can of PB Blaster, but this was on my 95CCDS. My can eventually came off leaving the armature, but this allowed me more leverage to get it out. I eventually used a mini sledge and tapped on the armature as a buddy wiggled the motor back and forth. PIA, I feel for ya. Your core is probably worth less than $100, 3 hours into mine I said the hell with it! Are you removing it from underneath or above?
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:13 PM   #3
AugustaResident
Getting Wild
Club Car

I was going in from the rear access panel trying to come the top. The I moved to the bottom. I may have some help tomorrow so I can try rocking and pulling from top and bottom at the same time. I could care less about the core so tearing it up doesn't matter.

-Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRS View Post
Are you trying to preserve the motor? My spline was rusted up pretty good, took about 4hrs of wiggling, tapping, and a can of PB Blaster, but this was on my 95CCDS. My can eventually came off leaving the armature, but this allowed me more leverage to get it out. I eventually used a mini sledge and tapped on the armature as a buddy wiggled the motor back and forth. PIA, I feel for ya. Your core is probably worth less than $100, 3 hours into mine I said the hell with it! Are you removing it from underneath or above?
Old 01-15-2009, 01:52 AM   #4
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Took me 2 hours to get my 01 CC off. The stock motor was rust welded to the gear shaft. In the end I had to destroy the motor. I had to use screw drivers as wedges and eventually seperate the can from the armature. I then used a lots of lube and a mapp gas torch to heat the shaft, till it was smoking hot, then had to use a BIG crow bar wedged against the steel tube of the axle and beat the **** out of it with a big hammer. Still took about 20 big whacks to get it off. Once off I put a wire brush attachment on my die grinder to clean up the rust on the axle splines, then thoroughly lubed them with anti-seize compound. The new motor slide right on with ease.

AND this was with the axle on the work bench, there is NO way I could have removed the motor while it was in the cart.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...or-batman.html
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:44 PM   #5
AugustaResident
Getting Wild
Club Car

I think I'll just stick my bolts back in, hook up the wires and be happy I have a cart to ride in. Heck with changing motors. If I need more power/speed, I'll jump in the BMW and go cruising!
Old 01-15-2009, 05:23 PM   #6
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Craig,
You can't give up...your not allowed! Not on this site, get that friggin motor off! Mine did soak with PB Blaster for a night, and then I had another go at it. I was ready to break out a sawzaw..LOL. You see, you have to switch motors so I can find out what I need to do to my Precedent when the time comes. I had to remove the tire to get any real leverage from underneath, I don't have an access panel in my cart. I watched Ron (EastCoastCustomCarts) go through the access panel and wrap/twisted a short towel around the motor and snatched on it until the motor broke free. You need four hands, it will come off!
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #7
AugustaResident
Getting Wild
Club Car

I've had PBB on it since last night. I am off to the Snap On outlet to get one of those impact mallets. I can get a little harder strike with that vs a rubber mallet. If I don't do it, I'll send the motor to you and let you try it in yours.

-Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRS View Post
Craig,
You can't give up...your not allowed! Not on this site, get that friggin motor off! Mine did soak with PB Blaster for a night, and then I had another go at it. I was ready to break out a sawzaw..LOL. You see, you have to switch motors so I can find out what I need to do to my Precedent when the time comes. I had to remove the tire to get any real leverage from underneath, I don't have an access panel in my cart. I watched Ron (EastCoastCustomCarts) go through the access panel and wrap/twisted a short towel around the motor and snatched on it until the motor broke free. You need four hands, it will come off!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car