lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2015, 01:44 PM   #21
Camogolfcart
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Stuck without a ride! Precedent lurches then rolls to a stop

Yes, good connection win to the mcor harness with the paperclip. I went ahead and tried it a second time.
Camogolfcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2015, 01:51 PM   #22
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camogolfcart View Post
In case I followed directions poorly.....you intended for the paper clip to be inserted in the male end of the harness/plug and not the female/receiving end of the Mcor....correct?
The harness end is the female end with 2 holes that fits into the MCOR and connects to the two pins within that square hole in the MCOR. I believe we're talking about the same thing... just that the FEMALE/harness side end has the holes...
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 01:53 PM   #23
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camogolfcart View Post
Yes, good connection win to the mcor harness with the paperclip. I went ahead and tried it a second time.
Did you do what Sergio recommended?

I also had a bad motor brush that did something along the lines of what yours is doing, except it would not creep along, just jump.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:56 PM   #24
Camogolfcart
Not Yet Wild

The pack didnt drop below 50 while it was creeping along then when I further engaged the pedal it dropped to but not below 48.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:02 PM   #25
Camogolfcart
Not Yet Wild

I did as Sergio suggested but forgot to add that at rest the pack reads 51.2. If the solenoid is the issue, would you guys suggest I remove the panel containing the run/tow switch and expose the solenoid and clean my connections with a small file?
Old 02-22-2015, 02:33 PM   #26
scubabud

Club Car

Also did you check all cable connections for snugness as well as not being corroded when moved up and down... Shouldn't move.

Do you hear two clicks when you press your go peddle... One from the micro switch down by your pedal and one from your solenoid under your seat. When your cart kicks out do you hear the solenoid kick out as well? Or does your solenoid click when the cart comes to a stop?
Old 02-22-2015, 02:41 PM   #27
Camogolfcart
Not Yet Wild

I can definitely hear the click from the pedal but it is hard to tell when the cart comes clanging to a stop if the solenoid under under my seat is clicking on or off and when I depress the pedal I do not hear a second click under my seat but again when I push the pedal past 25% that is when the cart dies out on me and everything is clanging around from the motor disengaging and the entire cart rocking or lurching forward then coming to a stop
Old 02-22-2015, 03:41 PM   #28
Camogolfcart
Not Yet Wild

Family arrives tomorrow and if anyone is available to help I'd really appreciate it! Sorry to ask for help on a Sunday guys!

I am trying to check my solenoid now I have the batteries out and cart taken apart. Any advice on checking my solenoid as possibly being my issue is appreciated!
Old 02-22-2015, 04:13 PM   #29
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since You currently have the batteries out, I think this is the best sequence of tests:
  • First, make sure You take pictures for later reference.
  • Inspect all cable lugs and cables to make sure they are not corroded.

1) Remove the pre-charge resistor and place all Wires on the big posts in a single big post. This will by-pass the solenoid contacts.

Actually I am not sure if this will trigger a "main welded" error, if it does, the cart will not move at all so put the wires back the way they were.

If the problem goes away, the solenoid is bad.

2) Test the MCOR resistance:
Set your meter to 20kΩ scale.
Disconnect the 3-pin MCOR connector
Measure the Resistance on the MCOR pins that correspond to Yellow and Purple wires.
Pedal Up to Pedal down should be from 1kΩ to 7kΩ (within 500Ω).

Measure the Resistance on the MCOR pins that correspond to Yellow and White/Black wires.
Pedal Up to Pedal down should be from 7kΩ to 1kΩ (within 500Ω).
Look for a smooth resistance change and no out of range (0L on most meters) readings.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 04:24 PM   #30
Camogolfcart
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Since You currently have the batteries out, I think this is the best sequence of tests:
  • First, make sure You take pictures for later reference.
  • Inspect all cable lugs and cables to make sure they are not corroded.

1) Remove the pre-charge resistor and place all Wires on the big posts in a single big post. This will by-pass the solenoid contacts.

Actually I am not sure if this will trigger a "main welded" error, if it does, the cart will not move at all so put the wires back the way they were.

If the problem goes away, the solenoid is bad.

2) Test the MCOR resistance:
Set your meter to 20kΩ scale.
Disconnect the 3-pin MCOR connector
Measure the Resistance on the MCOR pins that correspond to Yellow and Purple wires.
Pedal Up to Pedal down should be from 1kΩ to 7kΩ (within 500Ω).

Measure the Resistance on the MCOR pins that correspond to Yellow and White/Black wires.
Pedal Up to Pedal down should be from 7kΩ to 1kΩ (within 500Ω).
Look for a smooth resistance change and no out of range (0L on most meters) readings.
Sergio,
The precharge resistor is the link that goes from one large post to another on the solenoid, correct? Also, you're telling me I should put the connections that are on the positive and negative large posts all together on one of the large posts and it doesn't matter which one I choose, correct? Then at that point I should put the cart back together, hook up my batteries again and try to drive the cart......correct? Just checking, I am trying to avoid blowing something up or driving my cart through the garage wall. Again, thanks for the help on a Sunday guys!

Last edited by Camogolfcart; 02-22-2015 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: Spelling error
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car