lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2015, 10:08 AM   #11
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: Stuck without a ride! Precedent lurches then rolls to a stop

The paperclip is what is in my text above and very easy to do, taking under 5 minutes to accomplish for testing and a fix until the relatives leave.

The thread on REBUILDING a MCOR is here:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-01-04-ds.html

Do yourself a favor first and try the paperclip to make sure that the MCOR is the problem. In order to rebuild the MCOR you're going to have to do everything that it would take to just replace it with a new one, but if you're handy at fixing things, it could save you money, if it worked.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2015, 10:08 AM   #12
Camogolfcart
Not Yet Wild

There are two plugs on the side of the mcor facing my f/r switch. Are you referencing the top plug shaped like a square? The lower is shaped like a triangle if I remember correctly. I also saw you mentioned a DS in your thread. My cart is a Precedent.....does that make a difference? Thanks again! This forum is awesome....
Camogolfcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:15 AM   #13
scubabud

Club Car

The link I listed on repairing a MCOR was written by a member that has a DS, but the same MCOR. I never mentioned a DS other then listing the thread for you.

The top plug on a MCOR is the two wire, more square looking plug that should have a purple and green wire attached.

What year is your Precedent?
Old 02-22-2015, 10:53 AM   #14
Camogolfcart
Not Yet Wild

Scubabud, I tried your paperclip trick but unfortunately the problem persists. I'm open to any more direction/advice. Serial number is pq0834-948128, is that an '08? Thanks again.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:18 AM   #15
scubabud

Club Car

If it's not the MCOR then it could be the solenoid, controller, wiring issues... many things. There are others here on BGW that have way more expertise on these issues. Hopefully someone else would chime in.

Yes, your cart is an 08 Precedent.

You're sure that you had a good connection using a large paperclip in the two holes of the connector???
Old 02-22-2015, 11:22 AM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camogolfcart View Post
The cart will run for a while at a crawl with the accelerator barely engaged then when I try to get it up to speed it feels like its jumping out of gear.
You need to make sure the problem is not the battery pack.

Set Your meter to 200vDC and measure the lowest voltage reading while driving the cart, specially when it feels like is cutting off.

The micro switch part of the MCOR would not cause a "crawl" symptom.

If the battery pack measures OK, the MCOR resistance track could cause that problem.

With the key off, press the pedal to the floor and up several times. This sometimes cleans any oxidation that may exist in the MCOR wiper track.

If the battery pack drops too low, check each individual battery while driving.

Set the meter to 20vDC when testing individual batteries.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 11:56 AM   #17
scubabud

Club Car

Sergio,

If the micro switch never made it's contact when the pedal was pushed then the cart shouldn't move at all correct? The solenoid would never engage? The cart would never jump?
Old 02-22-2015, 12:31 PM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
Sergio,

If the micro switch never made it's contact when the pedal was pushed then the cart shouldn't move at all correct? The solenoid would never engage? The cart would never jump?
Correct, if the Micro switch disengages while the cart is running (key switch ON), it would behave as a Pedal up brake and regen would engage.

If the micro-switch would then close again, if the pedal was more than 25% pressed at the time, the cart would continue on Regen until it stopped.

If the Pedal was less than 25% pressed and the micro-switch closed again, it would continue to run just as if You had pressed the pedal back down.

If the battery pack is not dropping voltage under load, my next guess would be the Solenoid contacts being worn out.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 01:22 PM   #19
Camogolfcart
Not Yet Wild

In case I followed directions poorly.....you intended for the paper clip to be inserted in the male end of the harness/plug and not the female/receiving end of the Mcor....correct?
Old 02-22-2015, 01:30 PM   #20
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camogolfcart View Post
In case I followed directions poorly.....you intended for the paper clip to be inserted in the male end of the harness/plug and not the female/receiving end of the Mcor....correct?
Correct, with the paper clip, you jump the two-pin harness side plug
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car