lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
Yamaha536
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Rear axle

I was wondering what rear axle you guys were using. Im putting a '89 ninja 1000cc motor in my yamaha golf cart so I want a wide stance. Im fabbing all my own a-arms in the front so I have no problem there. I just got a '07 yamaha raptor 700 +5" axle but i dont think that is going to be wide enough for what I want. I looked at mini sprint axles but they are out of my budget. This is the only thing thats really holding me back right now so any help would be great.
Yamaha536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #2
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rear axle

I was going to say Mini Sprint but you say thats out of your budget, look on eBay for Mini Sprint axles you may be suprized at what you can get fairly cheap. I run a 1-3/8 4130 Chromoly Mini Sprint axle and have bent 2 so far with torque.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:57 AM   #3
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifter View Post
I was going to say Mini Sprint but you say thats out of your budget, look on eBay for Mini Sprint axles you may be suprized at what you can get fairly cheap. I run a 1-3/8 4130 Chromoly Mini Sprint axle and have bent 2 so far with torque.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #4
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
Yea Dave, before I figured out I needed another carrier bearing next to the sprocket I launched 2 axles, the Hoosiers got alota bite.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #5
Yamaha536
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Yeah I was looking at them on ebay. Theres a couple axles only for a good price but I figure by the time i get everything for the axle im going to be looking at like 400bucks. If im going to spend the money I might just go IRS if i could find some CV axles long enough.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:17 PM   #6
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

I don't mean to be condesending in any way, but if you let money rule the way you build something so fast that in moment can take your life you need to build something slower. I have close to 10,000.00 in my cart, it's very very fast and safe.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #7
Yamaha536
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I will probably just end up doing independent in the rear.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #8
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Any build pictures?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #9
Yamaha536
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ill try and get some pics up by the end of next weekend. Just got the stretch done, added about 8" to the overall length. Im onto making the motor craddle. Theres a lot of trial and error happening.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps