lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
Jim Cahoe
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Yamaha G9-Ignition Coil & Ignition Switch-Help

I bought a Yamaha G9 not running. The ignition switch is missing. The wiring diagram that I was sent shows a red and brown wire. I actually seem to have 4 wires. A black, red, tan, and black/red stripe. Does anyone know what I am supposed to do?

The ignition coil was pulled off. Obviously one end goes on the spark plug. The other end has a red/white, orange, and black. I assume the black is a ground. Does it matter which side the other 2 are connected? Where does the ignition coil mount? What are the 2 ends with holes that look like some sort of an electromagnet? I have no idea if the ignition coil is any good.

Any help would be appreciated.
Jim Cahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G9-Ignition Coil & Ignition Switch-Help

Coil mounts on the shroud on the front of the cylinder, that is why it has ground that is plastic. There should be a wiring diagram above in the stickies posts. More or less the power goes batt to key, then to pedal switch, then to solenoid for starter and the ignitor. Ignitor runs the coil and to crank trigger. Small wires from starter/gen go to voltage regulator on rear fender to charge batt.

Find that diagram, should be able (might be red striped wire) jump hot at key wires to the pedal and not need key for now. Ignitor is like a CDI, it is on gas tank.

http://www.cunninghamgolfcar.com/s-1...resources.aspx

Can also check out TNT golf cart site, they show a parts breakdown for all yamahas.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
Jim Cahoe
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

When I matched my serial # the Yamaha site said it was a 1994
G9A which shows 2 wires goind to the ignition switch. I actually have 4 wires. When I check the wiring diagram for a 1995 G14A it shows 4 wires matching the colors on my wires. Does this make any since?
Old 04-14-2011, 07:34 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

'99? did they still make G9 in 99? Or they changed the last ones, or someone has changed it. I don't know what the other two wires are for, mine only lights up the pedal switch that is all the ign switch does.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:45 PM   #5
Jim Cahoe
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My Golf cart actually is a 1994 G9A according to the serial #.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha