lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
Jax50
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Polaris 425 ignition

I am swapping a Polaris 425 motor into my G9. Was wondering if anyone would be able to help me rewire the ignition. It is currently set up where you have to turn the key to on and then push a button to start it. I would like to make it like a car where you just turn the key to crank it. Any help would be great. Thanks Clayton
Jax50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
topshelf333
Getting Wild

Any particular reason you want a turn key starter? I set mine up with an accessory, off, on key switch with a secondary momentary push button starter switch. Total cost of about $10 at fleet farm. otherwise if your set on turn key starter idea you could order one on Ebay and the install should be pretty straight forward. You should buy the work shop manual for your particular Polaris vehicle. That way you will have a wiring diagram for your engine swap.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2
topshelf333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
Jax50
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Polaris 425 ignition

Thanks for the idea. I want it to be the same as a car, accessory/on/off.
Jax50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #4
topshelf333
Getting Wild

The acc on off is nice. Left is acc and right is on + acc so it works nice for my lights, radio, and winch.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2
topshelf333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps