lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2018, 08:57 AM   #41
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: my golf course just took delivery of lithium battery carts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
what is this world coming to where we have to take drastic measures just to turn an honest profit?
Yes, it's a sad fact that some will take advantage of an honest entrepreneur and leach off their back. There are always those who will do this. When I was self-employed I would extend a 30 day time frame for payment. Once I actually had a guy use my services (tax prep) and intentionally knew from the start he was not going to pay my $600 bill. I would have sued, but you can't get blood from a turnip.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2018, 10:45 PM   #42
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Dragging this one up for some info. It looks like we are in discussions with EZGO for a replacement fleet and these are being seriously considered. So if anyone else out there has experienced fleet use of these carts i would like to hear how they are performing. I have suggested that we invest in these carts because of similar issues with other fleet operators regarding overfilling and poor maintenance of our recent fleet of Club car and yamaha before those. we must have spent thousands on replacement batteries as the usual warranty did not cover overfilling, even though it was the autofill systems failng. we were told that the guy filling the batteries should have been more dilligent. My hope is that these carts will more than pay for the extra initial costs by not having to spend time and money on battery maintenance and with a good long warranty, we should never have to front the cost of new batteries as we change the fleet every three years. we will probably still see the willful damage to the carts by irresponsible users, but battery theft should also be minimal once the criminals realise there is no scrap value in the batteries compared to lead / acid ones. We are also considering Geo fencing to actually keep the carts within the course boundaries and hope the criminals do not work out too soon how to disable it. As in another thread that i started, we have no end of problems here with theft of carts, batteries and plain old willful damage, disabling the tow/run switch was my first attempt to stop them coasting at speed down hills and damaging the carts, but as they have not worked out how to overcome this, they have now discovered that they can unplug the speed sensors for the same effect. what is this world coming to where we have to take drastic measures just to turn an honest profit?
I can comment on the Geo fencing. My club did this to ensure nobody drove on the grass after the golf course was redone. They made it cart path only for a few months and they installed some sort of geofencing to disable the fleet carts if they left the path and it would alert the club with a message as well. All done through the carts GPS system. I never use a fleet cart as I have my own private cart but there was lots of talk about the system.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:20 AM   #43
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garia View Post
Yes, you can buy the Samsung Pack. contact Garia in Houston.
I don't work with Garia anymore, so don't know if they still are selling it.
Your fuel gauge will not work properly for Li-ion batt. You need to install a Ah counter.
Br. Rasmus
Hi Rasmus !! Long time since we emailed. Still love that Custom red cart Avatar :-)

Do happen to remember if I can put a Lith pack in my 2011 Garia 2+2? I noticed in the setup i has setting for different type batteries. Trojans probably will need replaced in the next year or two.

Take Care !!

M
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium