lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #1
ddeblance
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Brake light

I don't want to replace my tail lights and wire for brake lights. I don't think they would be all that effective anyway.
So has anyone installed a third brake light on the roof and wired it to the brake? I think that would be the most effective in my subdivision....
ddeblance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
traperguy84
Gone Wild

Club Car

Im guessing you have the brake light circuit already installed? If this is the case it should be a straight forward install, mount your light where you want it, run your wires.

Posted using Tapatalk
traperguy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Brake light

Depending on your kit you might be suprised how good your existing lights will work. I converted mine from just tail lights to brake lights and they work great. No regrets here. My cart is an RXV thou. The bulbs that came in my lights were already dual elements so I just had to run an extra wire to a switch and that was it.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
ddeblance
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My cart is a 2010 ezgo pds and I was installing fender flares the other day and noticed that on the rear passengers side in the wheel well there are about 3 extra wires going up to the tail light, but not plugged in.
I don't know much about the wiring, if the switch is already there or not, or all I need to do is swap out the lights....
ddeblance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check the bulbs themselves. Are there 2 elements inside it or 1. If you have 2 you should be able to wire brake lights pretty easy. I bought a break-to-engage switch off ebay and mounted it on the brake pedal bolt. Then ran a wire from fuse panel that I installed to the switch then ran a wire from both tail lights to the switch and that was it. I went to my LCS to get a piece of metal to fabricate the braket to hold the switch. I ride in town alot and did not want the bulkey turn signal kit but wanted brake lights as we can ride in town as long as we stay off highway. Been working great so far.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

This might help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Accesory wiring, 48V TXT.JPG (88.1 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO