lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2011, 10:39 PM   #1
rmarcusy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Arrow Street legal in Oklahoma City, Ok.

I see and understand the federal laws and the state of Oklahoma laws, but don’t find the city laws for Oklahoma City, about driving golf cars on the city streets. I’ve talked to several police officers and only two of them told me about the city laws, they both had different stories and I know most of what they said was bull, and they didn’t know the laws and were just saying things to make me believe they knew what they were talking about.
I have been driving on the streets some, but would like to more often,, Twice cops saw us and turned there head, as if to say they didn’t want to see us because they didn’t know what to write us up a ticket for.
I’ve been reading and learning here on buggies gone wild, and think this is the most reliable source for the information I need.

Last edited by rmarcusy; 09-22-2011 at 10:40 PM.. Reason: ADS
rmarcusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #2
supermenz
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Street legal in Oklahoma City, Ok.

Golf carts are legal in El Reno on the city street. I went up to the police dept. and inquired about it. I was required to have lap belts, valid insurance info, and buy the city permit to drive it on the streets. LSV's are a whole other story though, they are issued DMV VIN numbers and can have state tags issued for them. It would seem to me that if you had a state tag you should be able to operate in the state, possibly just restricted to low MPH streets.
supermenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 07:55 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Street legal in Oklahoma City, Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarcusy View Post
I see and understand the federal laws and the state of Oklahoma laws, but don’t find the city laws for Oklahoma City, about driving golf cars on the city streets. I’ve talked to several police officers and only two of them told me about the city laws, they both had different stories and I know most of what they said was bull, and they didn’t know the laws and were just saying things to make me believe they knew what they were talking about.
I have been driving on the streets some, but would like to more often,, Twice cops saw us and turned there head, as if to say they didn’t want to see us because they didn’t know what to write us up a ticket for.
I’ve been reading and learning here on buggies gone wild, and think this is the most reliable source for the information I need.
Every state is different on LSV (low speed vehicles). Around here, if it's titled, plated, insured, and has all the street legal items (windshield, lights, mirrors, belts, signals, etc) then you can drive them on any road as long as it's 25 mph or less speed limit.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car, oklahoma, street legal
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!