lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2021, 03:55 PM   #1
RoboHarleyGolf70
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Cool Gas/Oil Ratio HELP for Restored 80 Harley Cart

I have a 1980 Golf Cart that I restored and fired up for the first time it ran in about 2 decades. I want to make sure I use the correct Gas/Oil Ratio mixture and best Brand weight/type oil I can use as I do not want to have to put any more work over the past few years of little bit here/ little bit there time I have had to work on it. I started with 50:1 (smoked like a chimney), 85:1 better but still excessive, 100:1 well better but still more than I would think. I'm afraid to go any leaner as again don't want to damage anything. Maybe I should use a different oil? Ratio? I currently have Lucas Oil Products Semi-Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil in it, which states as smokeless - not so much. Help??
RoboHarleyGolf70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2021, 04:21 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Gas/Oil Ratio HELP for Restored 80 Harley Cart

Yamaha G1 is 150:1 according to the manual.

Ezgo Marathon is 128:1 according to the fuel cap.

At 100:1 you're right in the ballpark.

As far as oil goes, I alway use Echo brand "air cooled" 2 cycle oil. There are some synthetic oils out there that claim "no smoke" but that's if you are using it at their specific ratio. On the Lucas, look at the back of the bottle, does it say a ratio or give you a specific measurement? And by the way, I've never seen a "smokeless 2 stroke" lol.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 08:54 PM   #3
RoboHarleyGolf70
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Thanks for the Reply - I'll check out that Echo. Back of little bottle of lucas says 1 bottle per gallon of gas (2.6 oz bottle).
Old 06-09-2021, 09:00 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Yeah that's 50:1 no way, too much oil. I worked on a 2 cycle ezgo that the owner was using that ratio, there was so much oil in the muffler it was crazy, like oil sludge. The cart was a mosquito fogger lol! On the gas cap it read "128:1" so not sure where he got 50:1 at. Crazy.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 03:09 PM   #5
Lochlin
Gone Wild

If it's a Harley then spec was 85 to 1. That said, I run 100 to 1 as I have numerous carts and 100 to 1 is pretty much the average for them all. I don't want to have to keep up with multiple ratios so that's what I go with. A little more or a little less won't hurt.
Lochlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 09:54 AM   #6
RoboHarleyGolf70
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

As always, appreciate the advice. This forum has helped me a ton being a first time golf cart owner.

Tags
gas, golf cart, harley davidson, oil, ratio
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson