lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2010, 02:04 AM   #1
turktrax
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Anybody ready for some turkey hunting?

I dont now about you guys but I'm itching to hear some gobbling! March 13 cant get here fast enough. That will be youth weekend (in louisiana) for my son and March 20th for the big boys to crank up!
turktrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2010, 09:06 AM   #2
goodoleboy80
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Anybody ready for some turkey hunting?

Can't wait!!!!! Starts here in KY April 17- May 9. Saw 9 jakes and toms yesterday while checkin on cattle. Wish season was in. I was within 50 yds before they even saw me, but didn't pay any attention to me being there.
goodoleboy80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
richie
ZZGONE

E-Z-GO

Seems like everyday is turkey season at wal-mart.Just picked up 3 pounds already ground up.Didn't even need a permit. seriously,hope you guys do good.
richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #4
gstoneberg
Gone Wild

We just picked up a nice turkey picture on the trail cam at the lease. This is probably the buddy to the tom I shot during deer season last fall. The sun really shows off the colors of this Rio Grande bird. George

gstoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:23 PM   #5
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

I miss the turkey hunting. I see about 12 almost every day in the same location on my way home. They are on the Natchez Trace near the exit I take. Combination of hens, jakes and ole gobblers in the mix. I need to have my camera with the telephoto lens with me. Would love to get some good photos of 'em.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:18 AM   #6
mphillip
Site Moderator

E-Z-GO

Good looking turkey. I see them all of the time also. What gets me the most about that picture is that it is already 71 degrees there. I wish SUMMER would hurry up and get here... lol
mphillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:20 PM   #7
gstoneberg
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphillip View Post
What gets me the most about that picture is that it is already 71 degrees there. I wish SUMMER would hurry up and get here... lol
That must've been the one warm day so far this spring. It was warmer the other day at the Olympics in Canada than it was in Dallas. Good grief. I'm all for spring. Summers here aren't that much fun.

George
gstoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:33 PM   #8
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

There is a man about 2 miles from me that turns out about 25 turkeys every year.I guess he figures they will get wild.Came home one day last summer from work and there was about 20 in my backyard.I was lookin and sayin OH SHEET where did they come from.So after they turned over the bird bath and anything else they could get into and following me around the yard,I turned out my lab and he ran them off only to come back the next day.Those tame ones are dumber than a bag of hammers.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:50 AM   #9
ezgokilla
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I am using a .650 choke with a maverick 88 3" winchester hv turkey loads.#5 copperplated deadly @ 40 yards just patterned it 3 weeks ago.I mean it's no hevi-shot or tss b[U]t it does the job
ezgokilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:11 AM   #10
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Saw this bird last week. I've seen a lot of turkeys but never one this lightly colored, almost thought it was albino. Somebody told me they were "dusted".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT3115.jpg (126.3 KB, 9 views)
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing