lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2020, 08:31 PM   #1
Moxon419
Not Yet Wild

Question Suggestions on complete upgrade??

Hello to everyone on BGW! I have a 06 CC Precedent that needs some TLC. The Mrs wanted to sell and buy a new onward. After test driving one (which we both enjoyed) and almost fainting when I heard the price I’m thinking why not upgrade? I’m planning new motor, controller including required/recommended upgrades, going from 4-12v to 6-8v, lift kit and rear seat. I have two questions...

1. What should my budget be for all of the above?

2. How would you go about upgrading it? Controller motor packages? Type of lift kit? Etc...

I will mostly be using the cart in a wooded area back and forth from lake. Would like to be able to run 25ish if I want but still be able to pull a trailer for yard work etc.

The group on BGW has been wonderful so far and I am excited to hear what you all think.
Moxon419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2020, 11:33 PM   #2
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Suggestions on complete upgrade??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxon419 View Post
.... How would you go about upgrading it? Controller motor packages? Type of lift kit? Etc...

I will mostly be using the cart in a wooded area back and forth from lake. Would like to be able to run 25ish if I want but still be able to pull a trailer for yard work etc. ....
We recently purchased a 2003 DS IQ so some of the upgrades I've made would be similar to what you're looking at.
A rear flip seat kit was $300, 3 leaf rear springs $90, PC Bandit motor rebuild $360, Alltrax XCT 48400-IQ controller used $390, MZJ400A solenoid $46, came with 2 ga battery cables.
To get to 25ish you will need the lift kit for clearance to run 22" or so tires.
Ours has 10.3:1 gears so with 18.5" tires it's the same effective gear ratio as 22" tires.
Ours will run 26-27 mph on flat, 29 down a mild hill and 24-25 up the hill.
Ours has a GE motor which is limited to 400a, but if you have an AMD motor the Alltrax 500a controller will do better.
An upgraded motor would be another step higher.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 09:47 AM   #3
scat pack cart
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Suggestions on complete upgrade??

I'll go with approx.$4000. Get with Dave, at revolution golf. (dealer on this site) I upgraded my 2011, motor,, controller, solenoid, f/r switch, cables. use it for woods and road. Great torque and speed. (No lift,new batteries and rear seat...which already had). Around 2k. Let him know what your wanting to do and he will hook you up with the right package and quality parts. Plus expert advice. Good luck
scat pack cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car