lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2020, 01:59 PM   #1
jbryantp
Not Yet Wild

Default 07 IQ Front End rebuild

Ok, got a new mcor and new speed sensor, cart is acting appropriately again lol.

Now I need to turn my attention to the front end.

I know several of the bushings are gone, what should I be looking for in a kit(just bushings, sway bars, tie-rod ends, etc) and is there any info on tips/tricks/procedures for pulling everything apart.
jbryantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2020, 08:58 PM   #2
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 07 IQ Front End rebuild

Start with a front end bushing kit, for the control arms and front leaf spring. Get a Club Car kit from David at Revolution Golf Cars. If you get the China kits on Amazon the bushings will crumble in a month.

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...r-cc-precedent
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:24 PM   #3
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I say this from previous experience. I would start by replacing the frontend with a A-Arm lift kit. Your choice either 3,4 or 6 inch. It will be cheaper than all of the individual parts you're going to have to buy. The frontend on a Club Car is a bad design.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 03:11 PM   #4
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

A lift kit is $375. Bushings are around $40. If he doesn't want it lifted then bushings are the ticket and are easy to install. They will really tighten up the front end.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:20 PM   #5
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

After the bushings don't fix it next will come the kingpins. After that don't fix it then it will be the front spring etc, etc. The Club Car frontend is just a poor design. Replace it with a A-Arm lift kit. Problems over.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 06:43 AM   #6
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

I picked up a very clean, but well used, '02 DS yesterday and the front end is loose...suspension and steering. I plan on the lift kit for it, is there anything else that should be put on it to tighten it up? I know gearboxes on some cars are adjustable but am not familiar with the steering in a Club Car.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 09:11 AM   #7
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbryantp View Post
Ok, got a new mcor and new speed sensor, cart is acting appropriately again lol.

Now I need to turn my attention to the front end.

I know several of the bushings are gone, what should I be looking for in a kit(just bushings, sway bars, tie-rod ends, etc) and is there any info on tips/tricks/procedures for pulling everything apart.
If you are not looking to install a lift kit for larger tires, then don't pay any attention to Walter that lift kit is only way to repair front end. Install the bushings and fix the front end, it is not rocket science and will take care of your problem. However, if choosing to install a lift kit, pick the All Sports A-arm kit that he spoke of.
Old 08-15-2020, 10:40 AM   #8
hipower
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
If you are not looking to install a lift kit for larger tires, then don't pay any attention to Walter that lift kit is only way to repair front end. Install the bushings and fix the front end, it is not rocket science and will take care of your problem. However, if choosing to install a lift kit, pick the All Sports A-arm kit that he spoke of.
I'm with you. I had no desire to lift my 2001 DS and rebushed it (front and rear) to cure the noises and associated issues. If I had wanted to spend several hundred dollars and one was available, I might have considered a standard height A-arm front end conversion.

Bottom line rebushing the stock front end is cost effective for most owners. It isn't a cutting edge design, but it is certainly adequate for most of us.
hipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 11:11 AM   #9
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipower View Post
I'm with you. I had no desire to lift my 2001 DS and rebushed it (front and rear) to cure the noises and associated issues. If I had wanted to spend several hundred dollars and one was available, I might have considered a standard height A-arm front end conversion.

Bottom line rebushing the stock front end is cost effective for most owners. It isn't a cutting edge design,but it is certainly adequate for most of us.
That was my only point...
Old 08-15-2020, 11:21 AM   #10
hipower
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
That was my only point...
And a very valid point. I hope the majority of us understood your thinking. I certainly did after rebushing mine and several others. I would like to see grease fittings on the stock front end and also many of the after market lift kits. But I'm old and have greased too many things that have never worn out unlike rubber bushings or lubricated for life pieces.
hipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car