lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2020, 07:55 AM   #11
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: CC Throttle Response not Smooth

If you have the alltrax I would attach a lap top and check your throttle settings (club car, 0-5k, 0-5v, etc) and verify that its correct, then slowly press your throttle and see what the position is once it starts moving. If it says your jumping straight to 50% throttle for example there is probably an issue, if it starts low and moves up pretty slowly then you could adjust the throttle rates.

If you work through all this and your still not happy then an MCOR or pedal assembly as mgray listed above should help.

Edit: I set my vglide up as a 3 wire voltage divider as discussed in this thread and have been pretty happy with it connected to the SR500 controller.

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=152895

Last edited by Jake_Daddy; 08-12-2020 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: Added link
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2020, 08:01 AM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The "absolute setting" does not do anything for a jerky throttle, "absolute setting" means "fixed setting" in the context used and there is no way it can smooth anything.

How does that 0-5v hall effect throttle handle disconnecting the park brake?

The 2-wire 0-5k rheostat throttle that was used for a short period of time was very dangerous as a broken resistor would cause full speed in reverse and also cause high speed in forward.

You can easily convert the 2-wire rheostat to a 3-wire voltage divider or "5k-0 Club Car throttle" by adding one additional wire and that also has the benefit of increasing the resolution of the throttle as it creates intermediate "steps" as the wiper arm overlaps two pads in the VGlide.
https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthre...22#post1062722
Getting an MCOR4 conversion would be the ideal but it is more expensive.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 08:03 AM   #13
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

haha Sergio beat my edited post! I was pretty happy with that conversion on mine.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 10:16 AM   #14
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The "absolute setting" does not do anything for a jerky throttle, "absolute setting" means "fixed setting" in the context used and there is no way it can smooth anything.

How does that 0-5v hall effect throttle handle disconnecting the park brake?

The 2-wire 0-5k rheostat throttle that was used for a short period of time was very dangerous as a broken resistor would cause full speed in reverse and also cause high speed in forward.

You can easily convert the 2-wire rheostat to a 3-wire voltage divider or "5k-0 Club Car throttle" by adding one additional wire and that also has the benefit of increasing the resolution of the throttle as it creates intermediate "steps" as the wiper arm overlaps two pads in the VGlide.

Getting an MCOR4 conversion would be the ideal but it is more expensive.
The way I do it and still use the park brake is I use a cutting disc and cut the original throttle pedal even with the floor. That leaves everything with the park brake attached. The only difference is you have tap the brake to release the parking brake instead of the throttle pedal like before. Much like Scotty's conversion kit, but I don't completely remove the pedal and add the piece for the spring to reattach. I just cut the pedal and leave everything attached like it is.
You can bolt the new throttle to the floor and cover most of the original hole and it don't look bad.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 10:24 AM   #15
joepiccaso
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks, Mgray70. Now my cart is not Resister Coils. But, the V-Glide uses resistors. So where do you get those bad boys and I assume there are installation instructions? Is this like the MCOR units?

And, that bit about the Parking Brake is great. The Go Pedal leasing the brake is dangerous to me. That was one of my future items to try to solve. i keep some hard rubber wheel chokes with the cart as my emergency brake. I have too many grandchildren that play on the cart and releasing the Parking Brake is way too easy.
joepiccaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 10:48 AM   #16
joepiccaso
Getting Wild
Club Car

Sergio, this is good information. I have been seeing the terms 2-wire and 3-wire V-Glides. I'm not sure which I have. I haven't opened mine up yet, but will do this week end, but there are 4 wires going to my V-Glide and it looks like the diagram you posted. There are:
Green/White
Blue
Black
White

So, Do I have a 2-wire?

Also, remember I have a 48V system converted from the original 36V. There was No OBC and I removed the Fuse/Charger Receptacle as well. I lost my reverse Buzzer, but there was no Brown wire, that I ever saw. It plugged into one of the FnR micro-switches, but I believe since I took that Fuse thing out I lost the ground for the buzzer. No one liked it anyway, so it hasn't been a high priority to fix. I lost my Turn signals also, but I think that is a fuse block issue and I have a new one to replace it with. Thanks
Old 08-12-2020, 11:51 AM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You have the old (not safe) 2-wire 0-5k rheostat model.

Look at the actual picture of the resistor side of the Multi-Step-Potentiometer (V-Glide) in the link that Jake_Daddy posted and the diagram on the link that I posted.

That is how you have to re-wire Your V-Glide, only the micro-switch inside the V-Glide should go to the micro-switch in the FNR.

All three throttle wires will only go to the Controller as the Alltrax SR uses a different method to provide the slow reverse speed.

The 6 resistor values used for the 3-wire 48v version are (starting from post #3 on the V-Glide):
910Ω
750Ω
910Ω
1000Ω
1000Ω
1000Ω

You should also have a plain piece of wire between posts #2 and #3.

Post #1 is the one where the V-Glide Arm wire is connected.

You can order them online, I prefer the metal film resistors:

1 x 750Ω: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...fVXq7MLA%3D%3D

2 x 910Ω: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...2FyojEBlAcA%3D

3 x 1000Ω: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...94%2F5jA%3D%3D

You will also need some 1/4" non-insulated ring terminals to crimp the resistors to (and solder as well if possible) in order to attach them to the back of the pads.

As far as not having the parking brake unlock with the accelerator pedal as originally if a Hall Effect pedal is installed, that should be an individual decision based on knowing all the facts and not because you did not know them
Old 08-12-2020, 12:20 PM   #18
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

It appears that this conversion kit would be the easiest way to go from David at Revolution Golf Cars.

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...conversion-kit
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 03:24 PM   #19
joepiccaso
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks, Sergio. I'm starting to get it. There is a lot of info to process and my lack of familiarity with all of the lingo doesn't help. So, I'm sure there is some step by step instructions somewhere about testing the V-Glide and the Controller. I don't expect you to write all of that down for me, but if you could point me in the right direction it wold be a help. Even a manual or guide of some sort.

Just a couple of clarification questions from your last post:

"You should also have a plain piece of wire between posts #2 and #3." What gauge wire and attach it with ring terminals?

" . . . .only the micro-switch inside the V-Glide should go to the micro-switch in the FNR."
Currently I have the Green/White wire from the POT going to the 1st microswitch on the FNR. The Blue wire, I'm not sure of, but I think it goes to the Key Switch. I'm doing this from memory right now and I'm and old guy.

" . . . .All three throttle wires will only go to the Controller as the Alltrax SR uses a different method to provide the slow reverse speed."
So, what is the 3rd wire? I have the Black and the White going to the controller, the Green/White to the FNR, and the Blue to the Key switch.

And, I don't think I got the message about the Parking Brake clearly. Were you indicating that it may not be a good idea because there is something I don't know? It's OK to be candid with me. I do not offend easily nor have thin skin.

Again, thank you for the help. I noticed you are in Charlotte. I was born and raised in Charlotte as were my family and my wife's. I've been in Atlanta since the late 70's and I hardly recognize Charlotte when I go back.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:04 PM   #20
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think some of your questions should be answered if You follow the two links in the previous posts I mentioned and look at the pictures.

The wire between post #2 and #3 in the VGlide is just a 18ga wire as there is very little current inside the VGlide.

You can see the wire on that first thread link as it has a picture that shows the resistors connected to the posts (Click for larger view).

Your original wiring should look like this diagram (click for larger view):

The Green/White wire and the Blue wire are part of the Solenoid activation on the FNR micro-switch number #1 and need to stay in place.

The Black wire and the White wire plus the new additional wire that You are going to install in the VGlide will only go to the Controller.

If You look at the diagram, there are additional Black and White wires spliced into those two wires that go to FNR micro Switch #3, those need to be removed as they are not used with the Alltrax SR Controller.

You can also just disconnect them from micro-switch #3 and tape them so they will not short against anything.

This post has the description on how the three throttle wires should be wired in the VGlide and the Controller:

The only issue I was referring to with the parking brake is forgetting the park brake was still engaged and driving with the brakes dragging.

As I had mentioned previously the MCOR4 conversion is the best option for throttle but it is $274 vs $2 for new resistors.

If You decide to get the MCOR4 conversion I agree that RevolutionGolfCars.com is the best place to order from since David is very knowledgeable and helpful.

I moved to Charlotte in 1981 and I agree is very different than it was then.

Tags
club car, electric, throttle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car