lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2020, 06:28 PM   #11
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart still stalling...

This cart seems to be running out of fuel. Did you check the fuel pump for flow ? I might have missed if you did post you checked it so sorry if I did.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2020, 07:01 PM   #12
ooshnoo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
This cart seems to be running out of fuel. Did you check the fuel pump for flow ? I might have missed if you did post you checked it so sorry if I did.
Thank you, yes. As far as I can tell the fuel pump is working as while in service mode I see fuel being squirted into the lower fuel filter right before it enters the carburetor
ooshnoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 10:04 PM   #13
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooshnoo View Post
Thank you, yes. As far as I can tell the fuel pump is working as while in service mode I see fuel being squirted into the lower fuel filter right before it enters the carburetor
If you pull the choke when it starts to quit does it help any ?
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 11:14 AM   #14
ooshnoo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
no sir. choking it has no effect.

I did notice this hose...that's connected to the fuel vent hose...was just dangling there, not connected to anything. There's a hole in the bottom of the engine near where that hose was sitting, so not sure it was supposed to go in there or not? see pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4695.jpg (132.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-14-2020, 07:41 PM   #15
ooshnoo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Ok, so I take back what I said earlier today about the choke not helping.

Tonight i took apart the carb and cleaned it out. it was only 2 months old, so it wasn't dirty at all. I then took it out for a ride and was able to keep it from stalling by pushing and holding in the choke. So I then thought maybe it's got bad airflow, so I took out the air filter and it rode a little better, but still wanted to sputter to a stop, but again, I could keep it going by holding in the choke.

Any ideas on this now? Thanks for your help so far.
Old 08-16-2020, 03:34 PM   #16
ooshnoo
Not Yet Wild

I fixed it!!!!

I pulled the hose off the fuel pump and it was definitely sputtering/spitting out. The fuel pump was brand new last week, so I thought that it shouldn't be the problem. So i then pulled all the hoses coming from the gas tank and all were clear. I looked in the gas tank and while there was a little bit of debris in the bottom, it wan't anywhere near the hose going up the fuel valve.

Nonetheless I took the valve off and cranked the air compressor up to 300psi, and what do you know...a whole bunch of crap blew out of the valve.

Once reinstalled I cranked the engine and the flow coming out of the fuel pump was much much better...almost a steady stream. I then took it for a 20 minute ride around the neighborhood and all is well! Running like a champ!

Thank you so much for all your guys' help!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car