lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2007, 06:10 AM   #1
NetMXer
Gone Wild

Default How's your hunting season going?

Lets hear your success and failure stories from this season.

Things are pretty slow in this portion of VA. Not seeing many deer this year and not much signs of the rut. Thats very odd for this late in the year. I don't know if it's due to the odd weather we've had this year (drought, warm temps), or maybe the number of deer lost do to the hemoragic disease. Hopefully you guys aren't experiencing the same conditions.
NetMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2007, 06:48 AM   #2
mphillip
Site Moderator

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How's your hunting season going?

In Tn... We are seeing a pretty good amount of Does. Not a lot of Bucks though. The Bucks that you do see are smaller. Anywhere from a spike to a small 8 pointer.
mphillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:16 AM   #3
JBDiNos
Gone Wild

Yamaha

So far pretty good... Shot a decent buck in bow season, smaller 8 point but last season I didn't get anything so I was happy with it. My 10 year old son got his first doe this year, 70 yard shot and dropped it right through the shoulder and hit it a little high and got some spine. He was so excited and gave me a big hug afterwards. I was letting him shoot at it, figuring it would run away and it just fell over. I was totally shocked since it was his first hunting experience with him having his own gun and a long shot. I shot a doe last Tuesday so our freezer is full. This Sunday is the last day of Firearm season and I'm going out this afternoon and Sunday afternoon so hopefully I can get another doe or two.
Here is a picture, I told him to shoot it again so it would be put out of it's misery since it was still alive when we walked up on it and he gut shot it that time. First shot was right above the right shoulder.
JBDiNos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:46 AM   #4
mphillip
Site Moderator

E-Z-GO

Great JBDinos glad to hear that your son got his first deer.
Mine did too. My youngest son got a 6 point on the way to his tree stand the first time that he had ever went hunting a couple of weeks ago. Basically it was about the same shot as your sons but he hit him and he dropped dead first shot. I was so proud
mphillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:42 AM   #5
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Middle TN: have seen loads of deer and turkey. I think we are actually overpopulated with deer this season.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:48 PM   #6
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Im going next year when im 16, my friends didn't get any yet, alot of them are going tommorow.
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:51 PM   #7
club car man
Ford

I was sittin in my spot at 5:30 yesterday morning and it was POURIN and 34* out. It was tons of fun. But I sat there until 11:00 and then my dad went to push a piece of woods out (about a 45 minute push) and then my cousin came and met up with us in the woods. So when my dad got back from the push. my cousin went to push a section out and still nothin. Well we were headin to a different part of the woods and I see my cousin throw up his gun and start shootin like crazy. He got a 6 point. What makes me mad is he was there for 20 minutes and got one and I was there for 6 hours and didn't even see anything. Then he went back out later and got 2 more.
club car man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:31 PM   #8
krisbodean85
Not Yet Wild

here in north MS its been kinda slow cause of warm weather seen a few bucks during bow season and was able to harvest one (6 point) but now it's gun season and i haven seen a thing nothing but a bunch of does but no bucks
krisbodean85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:48 AM   #9
JBDiNos
Gone Wild

Yamaha

We are only allowed 1 buck all year.. You used to be able to kill 1 buck with a bow and 1 buck with a gun, but they changed that about 5 years ago here in Indiana.
JBDiNos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:45 AM   #10
BCW
Gone Wild

Congrats to the young ones on thier First Deer .
Also to the adults who have scored this year
Im going up to Ga. in a few weeks to look some property
over . Maybe get in on the lease there , 1,700 acres
all still hunt lots of Deer ,Turkey and Hogs .

Ga. has a 12 deer per year per person limmet
10 does and 2 Bucks . I'll never take that many
for sure but some do... 2 -3 is fine for me .
Turkey I am hung up on !!!!!

Good Luck to all ,

BCW
BCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing