lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2016, 08:46 PM   #1
FastEddieG
Not Yet Wild

Default 22" Wheels on 3.5" MadJax A-Arm lift kit?

My neighbors and I just bought 2008.5 Club Car Precedents, and a bunch of addons from MadJax. We have 22" wheels (Timberwolf 22x10x12 all terrain on 12" Octane 12x7 rims) and a MadJax 3.5" A-Arm lift, with MadJax heavy duty rear springs. The rear appears to be clearing fine but the front may be questionable at tight turning radiuses on the very inside of the tire, especially the passenger side against to the part of the fender wall that sticks out for the bucket harness to run to the dash. Short of buying a 6" lift kit and trying to sell this 3.5" lift kit, what other options are there?
-add low profile lift kit bar to front?
-wheel spacers?

Thanks in advance!
FastEddieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2016, 08:00 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: 22" Wheels on 3.5" MadJax A-Arm lift kit?

Wheel spacers will just make it worse!

One thing that I noticed about my Madjax 3.5 lift on my DS was...
it didn't push the wheels out forward like most other lifts do to prevent rubbing on the wheel well/body.

I've since changed it out to an All Sports 4" Super Sport lift... no worries about it anymore!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 04:04 PM   #3
FastEddieG
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. I was trying to avoid swapping lifts if possible, but I'll add All Sports 4" Super Sport lift to the list of options.

Anyone else have ideas/suggestions?
Old 12-03-2016, 06:18 PM   #4
crash test dummy

a 20" tire
Old 12-21-2016, 08:25 PM   #5
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a MadJax 3 1/2 lift kit with a 22" tire and have no problems..
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:30 PM   #6
FastEddieG
Not Yet Wild

FYI, circling back, the lo-pro lift helped, but didn't resolve the problem. The All-Sport 4" lift states it will support 22" tires for anyone else looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
a 20" tire
This is what we ended up doing. Bought 20" wheels for this cart with the 3.5" lift. Another guy bought a 6" lift and bought the 22" wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyre View Post
I have a MadJax 3 1/2 lift kit with a 22" tire and have no problems..
Interesting, on our 2008.5 Precedents, the rear 22" tires are fine, so is the front driver's side. The front passenger side rubs on the plastic channel used for the bucket harness wires to the dash, as it extrudes into the front passenger wheel well. When turning right, the wheel rubs on that part.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:43 PM   #7
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddieG View Post
FYI, circling back, the lo-pro lift helped, but didn't resolve the problem. The All-Sport 4" lift states it will support 22" tires for anyone else looking.

This is what we ended up doing. Bought 20" wheels for this cart with the 3.5" lift. Another guy bought a 6" lift and bought the 22" wheels

Interesting, on our 2008.5 Precedents, the rear 22" tires are fine, so is the front driver's side. The front passenger side rubs on the plastic channel used for the bucket harness wires to the dash, as it extrudes into the front passenger wheel well. When turning right, the wheel rubs on that part.

There is some info on this in this thread:http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/road-...edent-14s.html
Post #14 specifically.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts