lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2016, 01:37 PM   #1
Micro86
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2010 Club car new D&D motor controller solenoid cables

Ok gents im at my wits end and could use a little advice.

Just purchased new motor, 500 amp XCT48500 controller HD solenoid. put it all in like the directions state but I am only getting 14% throttle. I downloaded the software so I could see what it was doing.

The cart will not move on the ground, but on jack stands they move forward and reverse just not very fast.

My question is do I need to modify the wiring per the Club Car PD Plus adapter installation from D&D Motors? The reason I have not done it was because I have the XCT controller which is a little different than the picture.

Also could someone tell me what exactly the OBC controls. This is the only electrical item I have not replaced on this cart but from what I can gather its main function is with the charger? Am I correct on that assumption? I see thes bypass kits for different chargers. Just dont want to waste the money on a new OBC if it is not needed.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Micro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2016, 02:25 PM   #2
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2010 Club car new D&D motor controller solenoid cables

Have you done the throttle auto-cal? Yes the OBC is for charging. It also monitors battery condition and will lockout movement will your charging.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:27 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It sounds like you do not have the controller programmed for the throttle properly or the throttle isn't hooked up right. Check your wiring diagram and check the throttle type in the controller software with the type that you have in your cart.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:37 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

What motor model # do you have? And what map is loaded in the XCT?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:47 PM   #5
Micro86
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

The model number of the motor is 170-502-0002

How do I know what type of throttle I have. I do have the MCOR switch under the foot pedal which was replaced last year.

No I have not done the throttle calibration, I will look into that next.

As for what is programmed It has
Throttle Position Speed
0 0
1 0
99 100
100 100

That is what is showing when I log into the controller
Old 07-10-2016, 08:17 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

On Page 1 At the bottom in bold is the field map. This is what I was asking about, see attached this one says 502-v6
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 502.1-2.jpg (51.2 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:54 PM   #7
Micro86
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

That is the MAP that is loaded in mine as well.

Called Alltrax tech support today and found the issue rather quickly. Since I upgraded to the HD Solenoid there were 2 more connections on this solenoid, one for the diode and another for the 2 wires from the wire harness in the cart. Needless to say I incorrectly went from side to side with connecting them instead of directly above and below, meaning my 2 wires I had side by side connected when it should have been top and bottom.

So I got the cart moving now to figure out how to make it go faster as it seems to only want to go around 10mph.

so if anyone has suggestions on what to change in the Alltrax controller to make it go faster, by all means fire away
Old 07-11-2016, 09:14 PM   #8
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you would post some screen shots of your setting somebody may be able to help. Also the way you connected the solenoid put a direct short across the output of the solenoid driver. Make sure that your solenoid is engaged when you press the throttle and releases when you take your foot off the throttle. ie not pulled in all of the time.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
only 14% throttle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car