lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2014, 05:09 PM   #1
WGCS
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Club Car DS Not running, Handheld will not power up

Just came across a club car ds IQ. First issue I have is that someone painted the cart at some point and painted over the serial number under the dash. I tried wiping the paint off with paint thinner and it just wiped everything off including the serial number. So I'm not exactly sure what year what it is.Any other serial number locations? The cart does not run. Does not do anything. My curtis hand held does not even turn on. Does anyone have a pin test for these carts? That would be extremely helpful. Also any ideas on where to start? I replaced the MCOR, controller, OBC, solenoid, and key switch so I'm thinking there is an issue in the harness. and plenty of voltage (51.4 volts) across the pack. (I hate just replacing parts, but with no pin test and handheld not working I just got a little impatient.) Any advice would be great.
WGCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2014, 09:20 AM   #2
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS Not running, Handheld will not power up

Depending on the year, if you take off the plastic steering panel cover at glove box, there should be another SN there. Some newer ones are on frame, someone will chime in to tell you exactly where.

M
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:22 AM   #3
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . if cart has TOW/RUN switch, put in TOW first . . . carefully remove the key switch panel and look on right side behind panel . . another sticker may be there with serial number . . . be careful not to contact frame with connections on back of key switch . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:15 AM   #4
Romrok
Not Yet Wild

I just put an abused DS Iq back on the road, replaced the pack, computer, and controller. No go. After various tests and repairs to bloody needle probed wires that didn't need repair yet, I was fiddling with the harness to the controller. Found a poorly sealed 400v diode in the harness about 12 inches in behind the harness sheath. It was heatshrinked, but how big the diode is the shrink could not fit it and the wire. The wire on the controller side of the diode corroded free and that's what killed this cart. Looks like water could run down the harness and collect in the heatshrink of the diode, killing the wire and cart.

Rom
Romrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:59 AM   #5
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Oh we call it a key switch panel. Thanks Steve that is what I meant to say!! :-)

When ever I work on my electric buggy I always remove the neg battery port connector.

M
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:17 PM   #6
WGCS
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok thanks guys the cart is a 2005 (that serial number was painted over as well but not quite thick enough to be unreadable.) Now, does anyone have a pin test/ service manual for this cart? It is an AQ serial number like I thought. And Rom, I'll check this cart maybe by chance it is the same issue. Any more ideas feel free to share.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #7
WGCS
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Rom, you're the man. Cut 2 zip ties and pulled back some of the sheath and there was the disconnected wire at the diode. Now my question is should I just use a butt connector and forget the diode, or replace the diode?
Old 08-26-2014, 11:01 AM   #8
Romrok
Not Yet Wild

Sorry, was away, and I'm sure this has been fixed but wanted to finish the thread so others in the same problem know.

The big diode has crimp ends, when I was working on mine, I did not have access to another diode, so I took a very small drill, and drilled the remains of the wire out of the crimp, stripped the wire back to clean copper and crimped it back to the diode. Extra heatshrink all round to try to stop it happening again.

Club Car put it there, and there must be a reason for it, I just have not bothered to figure out why yet.

Rom
Romrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car