lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
lucke69
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 99 Club Car DS 48V 2 Solenoid issue

Hello all, I just purchased a 99 Electric Club Car that I am trying to upgrade the controller and solenoid with. The cart had no batteries in it when I got it and all the connections were disconnected. My problem is that I have 2 solenoids on the cart and the one that is on the front passenger side (just opposite of the other solenoid) doesn't show up on any wiring diagrams. It has 2 Black 6g wires coming from it off the motor and coming from S1 and S2 and then one 16g red wire coming off on one terminal and then another 16g black wire on the other. Can anyone tell me what this solenoid is for?
thanks and much appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20131217_175314.jpg (211.3 KB, 0 views)
lucke69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 99 Club Car DS 48V 2 Solenoid issue

It was used for "field weakening". You can search this site for more information, but basically You would need to be careful not to activate it under load/torque condition.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . interesting . . S1 and S2 are the F/R connections . . . where do wires from the other solenoid go? Does any wire go to a switch on dash area? Read this thread:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-question.html
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #4
lucke69
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The other solenoid seems to be connected correctly. Can I get rid of this solenoid if I upgrade to a 500A controller and HD Solenoid?
Old 12-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I asked our leading CC resident expert to take a look at this - we will have an answer soon. Thanks for the pics
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #6
lucke69
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Stevegrmich, thanks for the link! that basically sounds exactly what I have! There is a little toggle switch that I was wondering was used for but I thought just "maybe" it was a possible attempt to put a tow switch in because it is located in about the same spot one would be. But the "Field Weakening" effect is makes much more sense now. Thank to you and Sergio for the help. I will take it off and just upgrade my controller to 500A and go with a HD solenoid and F\R switch. Hopefully by spring i'll get it running. I'll post picks when i'm done.

thanks again,
Bill
Old 12-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #7
lucke69
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Scotty B. It was actually your idea through email for me to go to this site :) and so far i'm getting great feedback. So any more information on it i'll take in like a sponge. My goal I guess is just to replace most of the electrical components that way i know where i started.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I'm sorry but I can't help. That solenoid isn't factory installed and without knowing where the wires go or what they do I can't tell you what it does. Is this a series car? Pics of motor and controller would help too. I was thinking it was a Regen2 when Scotty told me it had two solenoids but this is definitely not a dynamic braking solenoid in the photo.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I'm sorry but I can't help. That solenoid isn't factory installed and without knowing where the wires go or what they do I can't tell you what it does. Is this a series car? Pics of motor and controller would help too. I was thinking it was a Regen2 when Scotty told me it had two solenoids but this is definitely not a dynamic braking solenoid in the photo.
Thanks for looking Tdawg
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car