lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Jakes disc brakes dragging?

I have a 2007 txt lifted with alltrax controller, 2 ga cables, 8 gc45 batteries high speed motor 30 plus mph. and at 25 miles never ran below 60% pack voltage. I first upgraded to ausco mech. disc for back brakes, that helped from the drums with this set up and a exray I could get 30 plus miles per charge and ran 187 degrees on an all day driving. I just had a jakes hydraulic disc set put on the front, it seems like with all the brakes are dragging. Ran 18 miles today and at the end had 48% pack voltage and a 287 degree motor temp from the exray

I know the Ausco mech. discs can be adjusted for drag with feeler gages and adjustment. Can the hydraulic disc brakes be adjusted to spin more free or is this normal. I lifted the front end and tried spinning the wheels by hand and they sure seemed to be alot of drag, 2 hands a good spin and barely 1 revolution. don't have any yards stick for what is normal, so any input from the community would be greatly appreciated on adjustments, also had new brake cables installed.
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Jakes disc brakes dragging?

I just put them on my cart and don't have any problem's. Maybe the push rod that goes into the master cylinder is adjusted to far where its putting pressure on it all the time.
That's all I got, Hope it helps some.

LURCH!!!!!!
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks I will check it is there and adjustment other then the bracket?
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #4
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I think mine has a nut to adjust the length. But I have a Yamaha don't know if it matters.
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts