lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
giff2121
Not Yet Wild

Angry 98 ez go conversion to 48 v....

I am in the process of converting to a 48 v system. So, far I changed the batteries and the solenoid to a HD 48v. Hit the gas and nothing moved. Well I see smoke coming from the charging receptical under the drivers side seat. Now I get nothing... solenoid doesn't click. but the volts check out.

Help me out where do I start now? This is the only place I saw smoke coming from. This is a 1998 EZ GO.
giff2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 98 ez go conversion to 48 v....

Likely you have smoked the reed switch inside the charge receptacle ... that may have saved you from smoking the controller which you WILL DO when you fix whatever just burnt up. There are many here who can help you learn what is necessary before you proceed any further. Just ask them.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:22 PM   #3
giff2121
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the advice..... I have submitted a new post on the conversion process. I have been reading the site for about 3 weeks on what to do, so I figured I would just ask the experts.
giff2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:30 AM   #4
jonequest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post

Likely you have smoked the reed switch inside the charge receptacle ... that may have saved you from smoking the controller which you WILL DO when you fix whatever just burnt up. There are many here who can help you learn what is necessary before you proceed any further. Just ask them.
Hmmm I am about to convert my 04 TXT to 48 volt and plan to swap controller, batteries, solenoid and charger (of course). Will I need to do something to the charger port on the body as well?

John
jonequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:34 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

NO you shouldn't have to... But in his case something must have gotten reversed. Likely he swapped the charger leads when reconnecting? I don't know this for sure but just my guess from what we were told.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:36 AM   #6
jonequest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
NO you shouldn't have to... But in his case something must have gotten reversed. Likely he swapped the charger leads when reconnecting? I don't know this for sure but just my guess from what we were told.
That makes sense. I also forgot to mention that I will be needing to replace the F&R switch contacts. I know what high amperage does to small bits of copper.
jonequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO