lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2017, 08:55 PM   #1
Mountieman
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 club car trouble shooting?

I have a 2000 electric club car I am working on for my dad who will not pay anyone to work on anything nor do we have anyone around to work on it anyway. He was driving it and it just quit. The one he has has 2 solenoids. One on the right of the control box, looking from the rear, and one on the left which has a resistor coil I think. The one on the left I think is the negative and the one on the right is where the positive comes in. I did figure out how to by pass the system and check the motor and it runs. When I engage the pedal the solenoid on the left clicks sometimes and the one on the right never clicks. I do not know how to by pass the onboard computer or the control box nor do I know how to check the solenoids. Any help would be appreciated. Also if you can help please talk to me as a novice because I will probably have no idea what your saying. I will be able to check anything you can help with though.. Thanks
Mountieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2017, 10:05 PM   #2
Mountieman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2000 club car trouble shooting?

Anybody? Nobody?
Old 02-08-2017, 10:44 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The one on the right is the primary solenoid. The one on the left is the dynamic braking solenoid. They are wired into the same coil activation circuit and should click simultaneously. It sounds like the primary solenoid has failed. Most people choose to eliminate the dynamic braking solenoid. Note that if you do, you're going to have a much more firm motor braking feel when you release the pedal. If you choose to eliminate the motor braking entirely, un-plug the speed sensor from the motor and you'll be good to go. To bypass the dynamic braking solenoid, remove the white wire from the solenoid that runs to the controller, remove the white wire that runs from the dynamic braking solenoid to the A2 post of the motor. Hook the white wire up to the A2 post that runs from the controller (The first one you removed from the solenoid). Cut the two small wires off of the solenoid and tape the ends up and let them hang. Remove the dynamic braking solenoid and use it to replace the primary solenoid that isn't working. Thank me later. You've just repaired the cart for free. Option B would be to purchase a new solenoid for the primary solenoid and leave the dynamic braking circuit alone. I vote for Option A, as the 2001 Regen 2 cars such as yours do not have the 2nd solenoid at all.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:05 PM   #4
Mountieman
Not Yet Wild

Wow. To someone like me that was amazing. I will try this tomorrow and let you know how this turns out. I am sure you are right but I am worried about my execution of what you told me to do. I will give it a go though. I do appreciate you trying to help me.. Thanks and will post tomorrow..
Old 02-08-2017, 11:30 PM   #5
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Unhook the main battery cables FIRST when everything else is finished then you can hook them back.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:40 PM   #6
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Wow. To someone like me that was amazing. I will try this tomorrow and let you know how this turns out. I am sure you are right but I am worried about my execution of what you told me to do. I will give it a go though. I do appreciate you trying to help me.. Thanks and will post tomorrow..
The assistance from the guys on this Forum is awesome. I haven't been here very long, but have received great advice and help.

Good luck with your adventure.
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:53 AM   #7
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Good Info
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:17 AM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Unhook the main battery cables FIRST when everything else is finished then you can hook them back.
Thanks for adding this. I often forget to include that in my steps because it's second nature to me.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:23 AM   #9
Mountieman
Not Yet Wild

mrgolf... What part of Kentucky you from? I got a lease I come up there and hunt all fall. I play golf all summer, hunt during the fall and back to golf all winter. Fixing to go to my shop and give a go to Tahoedawgs brilliance. I had to take a picture of the instructions with my phone so I dont get things fouled up. Wish me luck...
Old 02-09-2017, 10:28 AM   #10
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I'm in southeast ky. Where do you play golf at up her? BTW your cart should have a tow run switch. Always put it in Tow before doing any work on it.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car