lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2017, 09:55 AM   #1
JoeBleaux
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Big "thank you!" to JohnnieB and Yurtle, was "EZGO TXT Non-PDS Help/Questions"

The cart in question is a 2006 series txt, basically stock as a rock. The solenoid would click and was sending pack voltage to the controller but the cart was otherwise dead. It was this way when I got it. I checked all battery cables and cables from the forward - reverse switch and discovered the FnR-to-motor cables were iffy, at best, with one being a real problem. Replaced those. Then, with JohnnieB's patient guidance, I bypassed the controller by, first PUTTING THE REAR OF THE CART ON JACKSTANDS and then, moving the cable at M- on the controller to B- on the controller, which sent full pack voltage to the motor when the pedal was depressed. In other words, no speed control, so - put the cart on jackstands! The cart ran - at full throttle, hint: jackstands! - when the pedal was depressed and the solenoid sent pack voltage to the motor rather than the controller. Bad controller (and nope, I didn't learn about the jackstands from experience because I put the cart on jackstands before working on it). Yurtle came to rescue and not only made me a great deal on his take-off stock controller, but shipped it to me so I was sure it worked before I paid. It worked and the cart is now running. Mama is happy, so everybody is happy! Thanks guys!

Lastly, since this is a new-to-me cart (and esp. since it had electrical issues), once it was working I took it on a coupla-minute ride, stopped and felt EVERY cable. Sure enough, one of the 10-year-old stock, 6 ga. battery cables, midpack and which LOOKS mostly OK, is warmish, so new cables are going on the entire pack.
JoeBleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2017, 10:09 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Big "thank you!" to JohnnieB and Yurtle, was "EZGO TXT Non-PDS Help/Questions"

Glad my controller is doing something besides collecting dust. I upgraded in 2011, but was too lazy to do anything with it. I unloaded a motor, rivet set, and a controller in just one week. My garage is happy.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 04:13 PM   #3
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Big "thank you!" to JohnnieB and Yurtle, was "EZGO TXT Non-PDS Help/Questions"

Thanks for the rivet kit, it will be put to good use!
JaxPilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller bypass, ezgo, series, troubleshooting, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO