lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 11:36 AM   #11
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Disable back up alarm?

Reverse alarm location on PDS carts:
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2009, 04:27 PM   #12
Cmtshiloh
Not Yet Wild

I have an 05 Ezgo pds, and am interested in doing the same. Can't stand the alarm.

What does the diagnostic do? Is it all that important?
What about bypassing the alarm?
Could the buzzer/speaker that makes the noise be removed while keeping the diagnostic potential?
I would like to put a red LED on the dash to alert reverse, instead of alarm sound.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:24 PM   #13
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtshiloh View Post
I have an 05 Ezgo pds, and am interested in doing the same. Can't stand the alarm.

What does the diagnostic do? Is it all that important?
What about bypassing the alarm?
Could the buzzer/speaker that makes the noise be removed while keeping the diagnostic potential?
I would like to put a red LED on the dash to alert reverse, instead of alarm sound.
Make sure you mention the red light on the dash to the poor <un>fortunate soul, pet, personal property, etc. that is run over because they did not see the stupid ******* red light on the dash. And if you're really <un>fortunate, mention the red light to the judge as well.

Seriously, you're kidding right. You read the entire thread and this is the best you can do?

As for the first two questions I'll respond by saying that if you have to ask, then by all means disconnect the buzzer. We'll see you again when you're back here posting about your cart not running.

I'll just apologize now because I'm certain this post has a "vague hint of sarcasm". But really, this topic ranks right up there with batteries for me! Do whatever makes you smile. Follow or disregard sound advice. It's your call.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #14
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I'll just apologize now because I'm certain this post has a "vague hint of sarcasm". But really, this topic ranks right up there with batteries for me! Do whatever makes you smile. Follow or disregard sound advice. It's your call.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:30 PM   #15
Otter70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I disabled my backup alarm last year. 2 weeks later one of my daughters backed into the other. No bad injury but there could've been. Now I have a yellow foam earplug in it and a piece of duct tape holding it in. loud enough but not obnoxious.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:08 PM   #16
madd matt
Taters...

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfd911 View Post
2002 Ez Go PDS...

How do I disable the back up alarm?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001Cliff.jpg (18.7 KB, 34 views)
Old 03-01-2009, 02:02 AM   #17
Cmtshiloh
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by pggroves View Post
Make sure you mention the red light on the dash to the poor <un>fortunate soul, pet, personal property, etc. that is run over because they did not see the stupid ******* red light on the dash. And if you're really <un>fortunate, mention the red light to the judge as well.

Seriously, you're kidding right. You read the entire thread and this is the best you can do?

As for the first two questions I'll respond by saying that if you have to ask, then by all means disconnect the buzzer. We'll see you again when you're back here posting about your cart not running.

Wow! Ignorance must be bliss in your case. I being a driver that pays attention to what is around me, thought that the back up alarm was a warning for me, the one and only driver of my cart. So the LED is for me as a reminder , not for pesonal property that has no cognitive function, or ablility to get out of the way of an alarm.

Now, for the rest of of who have an IQ over 2. Does anyone know what the diagnostic function of the alarm serves? I keep hearing about it, and as of yet have not heard as to it's purpose.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #18
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Wow! Ignorance must be bliss in your case. I being a driver that pays attention to what is around me, thought that the back up alarm was a warning for me, the one and only driver of my cart. So the LED is for me as a reminder , not for pesonal property that has no cognitive function, or ablility to get out of the way of an alarm.

Now, for the rest of of who have an IQ over 2. Does anyone know what the diagnostic function of the alarm serves? I keep hearing about it, and as of yet have not heard as to it's purpose.
I'll stand by my previous post but thanks for confirming the suspicions.
With your much higher intelligence quotient is must be something simple that is troubling you or that you are overlooking. It's OK. It happens, but can you not draw upon your vast repertoire of knowledge in electric carts and superior intelligence quotient to use the search tool? Just a thought.

Good luck sir and have a nice day!
Old 03-01-2009, 03:14 PM   #19
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Quote:

you my good man! are a putz, stop asking a question that the answer is one you don't to hear.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:11 PM   #20
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
You blow into town and spit on my man pggroves? WTF, man?

Good luck around here, man. You, are on your own.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO