lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2010, 12:49 PM   #1
turktrax
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Hunting cart lift kit recommendation

I have an 03 Club Car DS Electric. I use it for hunting primarily. When I bought it, it had a 6" spindle lift on it. Well, one of the shafts on the spindle that connects it to the wheel hub has broken. Kinda turned it into a 3 wheeler real quick.

I started looking into A-arm style lift kits. I really liked the Super Sport kit but when I talked to the company they said they recommend a 10" wheel or more. (BTW, I dont think the girl I talked to could identify a lift kit if it was sitting on her desk.) Well, like I said it's just a hunting cart and I am running plane 8" steel rims on 22" tires. I really dont want to upgrade to a larger wheel and tire if I dont have to. Can someone give me any recommendations for a lift kit that is not as rigid as my old spindle lift kit and will work with a 8" wheel setup?

This is couple of older pics of the cart (before my son turned it into a 3 wheeler)

turktrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Hunting cart lift kit recommendation

Staying with a 8" rim is going to limit you very quickly, it will not work with Jakes or Allsport. I have 6" SS on my cart and rides really good, but I am also using 12" rims with 23" tires.

I guess maybe you could try installing a 1" spacer for the front and maybe keep your 8" rims, not sure if this would work or not. Maybe someone will chime in on the idea.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:31 AM   #3
turktrax
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks LostHusker. Anyone else have any suggestions?
turktrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:02 PM   #4
gsxrfan
Gone Wild

Just donate your existing lift kit to me!! :)
gsxrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:24 PM   #5
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Turk, I have the same type of cart as yours with a 6' spindal lift. Lift looks a little different than yours but could be camera angle. I know if I change out my lift I will be going to a long travel lift. I have 23" swamp foxes on mine and it rides rough with 10lbs of pressure but gets excellent traction. Post up what you decide.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:25 PM   #6
jonesw3
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

i have a gas CC DS with a Buggies Unlimited 6in a arm lift. Im running 22x11x8 tires. I too use mine for hunting and have never had a problem out of the lift or 8in rims.
jonesw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #7
gsxrfan
Gone Wild

I guess he didnt like my idea!!!
gsxrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:25 PM   #8
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hey Just so you know I have had 3 Super sport kits on my carts. They say they 8" wheels wont work but they will. I had your exact looking 8" wheels and 22" tires on my 7.5" supersport cart and it fit fine. The wheels had factory offset. They did rub the inner fenderwell slightly when the cart was loaded I zipped tied them back and that fixed it. Give it a try its a very close fit but It got me buy until my 28"s on 12" wheels came in. Just my .02 your results may vary. On a side note I have been very well pleased with the Allsports super sport lifts I have had. They have held up to some very extreme abuse on one of my carts with no trouble to speak of. Great Kit for the money.
highrollinmopars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:51 PM   #9
racerchaser
Not Yet Wild

I know the cost may be prohibitive however, I also believe you get what you pay for. Jakes is the absolute best and you can get deals on larger wheels & tires that are meant for the woods without trying to empty your wallet with an independent A-arm lift.
racerchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:33 PM   #10
Kidder
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you were looking into all sports the best place to get it is 3r. They are a site sponsor and give you 10% off with the bgw code. Oh yea they are also free shipping! Great people to deal with also I just purchased a 7.5 super sport bout 2 months ago and am very happy with it.
Kidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts