lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2014, 05:23 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1st Mod- What Light Kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZpeezy View Post
Yeah, I know an LED light strip won't get me through the forest, but I plan on adding some nice Fog Lights to the cart.
My hopes are that the LED strip is bright enough for the streets in my hood.
The best part is knowing that when my daughter is driving the cart, she'll have a little added safety with this light kit.
I'm kicking around the idea of adding a couple LED 60° flood or 30° spotlights to my cart.
I don't remember who, but somebody on the forum installed a pair of these and says they put out a lot of light.
http://www.amazon.com/LEDSTORE-Light-Power-Tractor-Degree/dp/B007ZGKKMA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8 http://www.amazon.com/LEDSTORE-Light-Power-Tractor-Degree/dp/B007ZGKKMA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

The TecScan controller can handle 120W total and the lightbars only use about 10W max, so you've got about 110W to play with. The spot or flood fixtures linked to will uses about half of that, so there is plenty of room for some side and rear markers.

FWIW: I seldom drive my cart at night and the single lightbar put out enough light for me to see the roads I travel at night, but I need something more aggressive to attract the attention of drivers on the city streets I travel on during the day.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2014, 05:36 PM   #12
720Deere
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

In a few days, I will let you know what 2650 lumen worth of 60* flood light does. That is probably close to 10 times what the Tecscan bar puts out. My plan is to keep the Tecscan bar which works fine at 10 mph and is unobtrusive in campgrounds. The 36w bar will be wired to the auxiliary circuit and probably mounted to the bottom of my front basket. I will also be wiring the turn signals to the EZGO lights. Right now I have the headlights unplugged. I was thinking about adding LED bulbs to the headlights, but that technology isn't very good yet and the reflectors in those lights aren't very good anyway. Maybe I will just add a small colored bulb to them for looks.
720Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:11 PM   #13
EZpeezy
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Nice cart Kernal! I like the wheels and paint. Very clean look.
Good idea on the tape. I am going to add lighted side markers as well. I think yellow side markers are the coolest things on Semi's and Trailers.
EZpeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:21 PM   #14
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

I didn't see it mentioned yet but ground nothing to the cart frame. Ground everything to the battery pack negative. Many trailer and automotive products use frame grounding.
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:47 AM   #15
EZpeezy
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Installed the Tecscan kit last night. Easy install. The wires were the perfect length, the X2 light is bright, everything was well thought out. Good instructions too.
They even included plenty of black zip ties to keep the install clean.
Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions on this thread!
Old 09-23-2014, 09:53 AM   #16
720Deere
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Where did you mount your horn? When I mounted mine under the front cowl, the wire was too short for that. I wasn't fond of having the horn under my butt so I extended the wire to mount the horn up front. Otherwise their wiring did seem to be perfect.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:42 AM   #17
EZpeezy
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 720Deere View Post
Where did you mount your horn? When I mounted mine under the front cowl, the wire was too short for that. I wasn't fond of having the horn under my butt so I extended the wire to mount the horn up front. Otherwise their wiring did seem to be perfect.
I haven't mounted the horn yet as I didn't have a good spot that was plastic.
Good to know about that wire. You're right, don't really want the horn under my seat.
I'd rather have it in the front of the cart.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:11 PM   #18
720Deere
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well the LED bar arrived today. I installed it on the bottom of the clays basket and temporarily wired it up so I could test it and figure out a permanent location for it. All I can say is WOW! I knew it was going to be a big difference, but this 36w bar puts out 6 times as much light as the pair of 35w EZGO lights. I think I'm going to keep it mounted under the basket since that gives it a good angle and it doesn't look bad there.

I can actually see more than 100' in front of me now. I'm not generally a fan of things made in far away communist countries, but this thing was a home run. I got a pair of these 36w LED bars for under $60 and the construction seems to be very good quality. The only thing I could nitpick is the finish. While not horrible, the paint seems to have been rushed. Time will tell the true tale, but neither the cart nor the garden tractor that is getting the other bar will be exposed to the weather very often so I'm optimistic. They also came with a 2 year warranty. I was skeptical of ebay LED light bars, but they appear to be the real deal at a tiny fraction of the price that somebody like Rigid would charge.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:34 AM   #19
720Deere
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I will get it wired permanently tonight. We were just playing with it last night to see if it would work well mounted under the basket.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:33 PM   #20
720Deere
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Tags
light kit, street legal
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO