lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2014, 12:43 PM   #1
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Default Drive Charging Port?

I'm looking at getting a 2009 Yamaha drive that has no batteries nor a charger. I see the charger ends for this cart is super high. The chargers i buy comes with the ezgo end and the club car end. wouldn't it be way cheaper to convert the charging port to a club car receptacle? They are look like they are both around the same size
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2014, 12:44 PM   #2
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Default Re: Drive Charging Port?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Club-Car-DS-...0af498&vxp=mtr

Like This!
Old 01-30-2014, 01:22 PM   #3
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Buy a charger for Yamaha g19 or g22 and it will plug in with out having to change anything. A club car charger will not work properly with out the obc.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:00 PM   #4
chriskent85
Gone Wild

why will it not work with the obc, The club car has an obc as well. 3 wire plug. One +, one -, and one wire that goes to obc, and i can get chargers with club car ends for $100 each brand new. with a float option. Not trying to be smart!
Old 01-30-2014, 06:23 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskent85 View Post
why will it not work with the obc, The club car has an obc as well. 3 wire plug. One +, one -, and one wire that goes to obc, and i can get chargers with club car ends for $100 each brand new. with a float option. Not trying to be smart!
Only the Club Car charger uses the "OBC" to tell the charger what to do, Yamaha and Ezgo's have that "in" the charger itself. You can use any 48 volt charger with the controlling circutry inside the charger, you just need to have the dc male cord end either the new "3 prong" or the "MAC" "2 prong" to plug into the G29 female dc receptical. DPI makes a great charger, might do a web search for one with the "MAC" dc cord.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha