lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #1
tishbuggy
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO Brake Light Switch Installation

Hi - I just purchased and installed the Deluxe Light Kit (headlights, tail lights, horn, turn signals, flashers, and brake lights) for my 2003 EZGO TXT. The instructions had tons of info for installing the lights, but absolutely nothing concerning the turn signal switch and brake light switch. I figured out how to install the turn signals and thought I figured out how to install the brake light switch. My guess was that when the little button on the brake light switch was pressed in, the brake lights would be off, but when the button was released, the brake lights would turn on - so that is how I installed it (see picture). This is inside and hidden under the vinyl floor mat. I could not figure out to install it the other way. When I hooked up the power, everything worked perfectly except the brake lights. When I step on the brake pedal, the brake lights go off. When I release the brake pedal, the brake lights come on. I've searched all over and can't find a picture showing how this particular switch is supposed to work on my TXT. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know. Pictures are worth a 1,000 words! Thank you in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 046.jpg (211.6 KB, 0 views)
tishbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
Timscarts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: EZGO Brake Light Switch Installation

Sounds like you have to switch the wires on the switch from Normally closed to normally open. You should see it labeled as NC and NO on the switch.
Timscarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
tishbuggy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO Brake Light Switch Installation

Thank you! I could not see any labels on the switch for NC or NO, but maybe the print was just too small for me. I was afraid to start switching wires yesterday. Today I just kept trying the wires in different locations until I found one that worked. For me it was white wire on the far left and red wire on the far right. Works great now. Thanks for your help.
tishbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake light switch, ezgo, install, installation, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO