lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2011, 05:57 AM   #1
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Default Drill, cutter lube

Hey all. I thought I would share a tip from experience.

Not that I have tried every type of machining, drilling, cutting type lubricant in existence, I was turned on to this trick many years ago.

This Boelube paste is super! This is the soft version to slather on your cutting wheels and such.

But I have learned to mix it with this Boelube oil. Which is also good stuff for screw threads and drill bits.

A little back story if I may. I have worked with some very talented structures folk and more than one has shared this tip with me. Apparently the AOG team at Boeing shares this with whom they meet. The trick it to remove approx 30-40% of the blue paste and replace it with the oil. You have to keep it mixed as the oil starts separating within a week, and the capillary action of the oil walks up the container, past the cap and slimes up whatever surface you set it on. I put the cup in a cup, see picture below. Mixing the two together gives you the properties of an oil which doesn't fly off really easy. Yes 11,000 rpm cutting wheel will fling this and everything else but it still sticks enough.

If the AOG team at Boeing does this, considering they get these products and more for free, it has to be good. I know the question you all have is, "Why don't they sell it premixed"? I'm guessing it is because you can't keep it in the bottle, honestly the stuff walks out of the container. Also, some mix it thicker, some thinner.

Just an FYI public service announcement

Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Drill, cutter lube

That's a good tip
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #3
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

thanks for the tip! i'll have to share this with my dad... hes in school for A&P.
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:19 PM   #4
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
thanks for the tip! i'll have to share this with my dad... hes in school for A&P.
-sj
Hopefully some type of info similar to this has or will be taught by his instructors.

I just want to add that this tip is super for steel, SS, titanium, or any metal. I don't want people to focus too much on the Boeing name, except maybe Boeing having deep pockets and cold war era R&D.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center