lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2008, 12:24 AM   #1
brndray
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default A1 connection

Noob wiring question. I have a resistor style cart and my wiring matches the first one in the diagrams. My question is which wire from the speed board connects to the A1 terminal on the motor? Secondly, where does the second wire from the second speed contact go to?
brndray is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2008, 07:10 AM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: A1 connection

It can't match the first one because that diagram is for an electronic speed controller. A1 doesn't connect to the speed board. Take a look at the second ezgo wiring diagram on this page.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-diagrams.html
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:25 AM   #3
brndray
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

It's the one that says late 70's cart. I thought mine was an 85, I have a 90 motor, and the resister coils are mounted upright on the drivers side battery box support. On the motor I have the A1 S1 A2 S2 terminals. I know from pictures I took early on that one of my wires from the speed board connect to the A2 terminal, I just cant tell which one. The picture is the first one under the basic wiring diagrams.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:44 AM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Whats your serial number of the cart? If you want to follow a diagram the serial is gonna be the only way to get the right one. If you know the basics of how the system works you can wire it in many ways. If its an 85 then follow this one.
If you notice you should have 5 contacts on your speed board. The bottom contact is a rest and not used. It doesn't show this in the diagram.

One diagram it shows A1 going to the resistor coils, another it shows it going to the F/R switch...another is something else.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:05 AM   #5
brndray
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

serial #366921
G1885

Old 05-20-2008, 09:16 AM   #6
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Yep, its an 85. Follow the diagram I posted and you should be good to go. Good luck with your project.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:24 AM   #7
brndray
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks roady ill give it a try. The motor placement in the diagram confused me.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:19 PM   #8
brndray
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks again, everything is up and running, cant believe it actually worked! There is one small glitch, my speed board has a slight arc in between the contacts, which I had taken off and cleaned. Secondly, my resistor coils smoke when I drive back and forth at slow speed. It didnt smell electrical and I thought the heat from the coils was just burning off the penatrating lube I sprayed to remove the original rusted on bolts. Will the contacts level out and am I on the right track with the coils?
Old 05-20-2008, 02:25 PM   #9
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Might check all your connections at the coils. A bad coil or connection at the coils will cause arcing you describe. There may be a little arcing at the contacts but you will know if there is something wrong.

Yea, If there is anything on the coils at all it will burn off. Keep in mind at wide open throttle the coils are out of the circuit and should not get hot.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:36 PM   #10
brndray
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Nothing, at wide open, and it doesnt smell bad. The arcs are equivalent to flicking a bic lighter. Ill see how it goes and keep you posted.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO