lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2021, 01:21 PM   #1
phlydude
Not Yet Wild

Question With goal of FL tagged LSV, what would you choose?

Living in a non-gated community within a "master planned" area of Florida with numerous 35MPH or lower roads, it would be nice to have a cart to do the local runs to the community pool, grocery store, restaurants, etc.

I've been researching different cart options along with the available upgrades for each brand/model and am discouraged at the prices people are asking for some bare-bones carts and even more so for the ones people have upgraded (that I would likely remove 50% of due to quality or functionality). I would do an A-Arm lift, wheels/tires, controller upgrade, AC motor and whatever else is required for LSV titling.

So I've narrowed it down to the following (all are dealer listed vehicles):
  • 2016 Yamaha Drive (golf course lease end) - $3200
  • 2007 Club Car Precedent (4 seats, 2019 batts) - $4000
  • 2021 Icon EV I40L (would need a couple things for LSV like wiper, plate mount, DOT windshield and reflectors) - $8900

Feeling like I have enough mechanical/electrical knowledge (and tools) to do the work, labor costs would be minimal. Investment will be spending time on weekends and evenings to do the upgrades.

So what are your thoughts?
phlydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2021, 01:28 PM   #2
jeffahfah
Getting Wild

Default Re: With goal of FL tagged LSV, what would you choose?

for icon you can order the street legal kit from the dealer. Doing it yourself doesnt really save any money. You would end up with the windshield, wiper and vin... everything else is standard (reflector is under the rear seat, mounting holes for plates there too, seatbelts). The wiper is the dumbest thing and I think would be more likely to cause an accident vs. avoid one but it is what it is.
jeffahfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 01:35 PM   #3
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I'm a Yamaha and Icon dealer here in Florida around The Villages...we build street legal carts constantly and in my humble opinion the Yamaha Drive is a great platform to set up and at that cost you can certainly afford some great upgrades. Stenton's also offers a street legal kit for Yamaha drives with one piece windshield and all that and your local dealer can add some 10" rims and tires and a speed code that will get you to about 22-23 mph...Just some food for thought
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 07:57 AM   #4
phlydude
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
I'm a Yamaha and Icon dealer here in Florida around The Villages...we build street legal carts constantly and in my humble opinion the Yamaha Drive is a great platform to set up and at that cost you can certainly afford some great upgrades. Stenton's also offers a street legal kit for Yamaha drives with one piece windshield and all that and your local dealer can add some 10" rims and tires and a speed code that will get you to about 22-23 mph...Just some food for thought
Thoughts about people complaining about the Yamaha carts getting squirrelly at higher speeds? While it would be nice to upgrade a cheaper base cart, if I start adding a rear seat assembly and then add upgraded controller, motor and 4" lift kit w/ new wheels and then it gets unsteady getting above 22MPH, I feel like the effort would be wasted and I would be chasing suspension geometry and weight balance to keep it more stable.
Old 08-27-2021, 08:04 AM   #5
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I've found that adding 2" wheel spacers on the cart helps a lot with the stability...Yamahas do tend to get unsteady with a lift and rear seat but the spacers give it a wider stance and really help keep the cart stabile at top end.
Old 09-08-2021, 10:59 AM   #6
phlydude
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 09-10-2021, 08:46 AM   #7
b0rderman
Not Yet Wild

Camaro what's your dealership name? I am south of you, but would love to give you a call and chat yamahas for a minute. Thanks
b0rderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 07:48 AM   #8
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Sorry my company doesn't do internet sales so I don't wanna put that info on the forum as I don't want a bunch of random calls to screen lol...but I will PM you that information.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!